Your feedback about Fiestastoc.com - Club Feedback & Suggestions - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Your feedback about Fiestastoc.com

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Jim

Jim

Founder (retired)

• Club Member
  • 4219 posts
I like to occasionally ask for your feedback about the club and membership, however, I am NOT looking for positive feedback, I want to hear your ideas and constructive feedback.

What could we do better?
What’s missing?
What doesn’t work?

This gives me the chance to ideally implement your ideas or at the very least look at what is possible.

For any original or unique ideas which I am able to include with the club, I will award upto 12 months membership as a thank you... so get your thinking caps on!

Cheers

Jim

1stfocus

1stfocus
  • Forum User
  • 832 posts
Its a good site. Cant pick one thing out that really annoys me or I cant live with personally. I'd still like to know who the mystery post deleter was tho.

Ok noted, I will look over the deleting of threads and how the owner is informed. cheers Jim

• Validating
  • 4890 posts
I think its a great site, very helpfull and friendly :yep:

I am a member on corsa c forum coz i used to own one :cry: and is :censored: all they do is slag each other of and thier cars

I can't think of anythink else to say :unsure: so haven't been much help really :lol:

beerdrinkinloon

beerdrinkinloon
  • Forum User
  • 1445 posts
  • Loonville
The only thing i could suggest to improve the site would be the addition of a chat system similar to that on focusstoc.com. The reason i feel this would be a good addition is that at peak times the shoutbox can become a hive of madness which becomes difficult to follow. I know this would mean another area of the forum needing moderation but i believe as long as ground rules we're set then the majority of members would behave to high standards.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback.

I have previously looked at chat systems. Looking at other Owners clubs, they're not used, mainly because it involves looking on an additional page away from the forums, hense the shoutbox is a more popular system.

All that said, I will indeed look at purchasing a system for us to use.

Cheers

Jim

Jim

Jim

Founder (retired)

• Club Member
  • 4219 posts
Beerdrinkinloon - Thanks again for your feedback and congrats, we have now taken this on board. As a thank you I have extended your membership for 12 months :)

Jim

• Validating
  • 1685 posts
Jim,

It is quite apparant through visiting main shows and events like FITP and Ford Fair, that the club as a whole is missing signage, flags, displays and instant recognition material.

10ft Flags are quite apparant at the shows but one thing that i find when going to the shows is that none of the club stands ACTUALLY inform you about what they do!

I work as a DJ and own my own entertainment company as a sideline to working for Ford. Ford is soon to be taking a back seat so i can concentrate more on my own business. A key advertising product i find though, is that of a pull up display board like this.....

Posted Image

Having the club name at the top, a brief description of what and who we are, member benefits, as well as highlighting regional area meets within the UK.

I went past many club stands at FITP but none actually had anything else that gave any type of incentive to join. The fiesta st as a whole is a popular car and the numbers on this site prove it.

Having some marquees or some kind of tent would be ideal too. It doesnt have to be big. Something like a double marquee that was at FITP would be ideal. With the club logo on.

These are just ideas, but the stands at shows are not only their for the members to have a meet, but were their to promote how good a club this is........without showing people WHY were good, theirs no way theyll know about us or intend to join!

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your feedback.

You may or may not be aware this has been in the pipeline for at least two years now.

Money always being the deciding factor along with the right design.

As it stands, we should have had the banners ready for FITP, as always the best plans dont always work... the need to spend a huge amount of money on the server certainly didn't help things.

We actually did have a large marquee there, however, the poles were missing... doh.

This issue was fed back to me by the staff... and trust me, even though I wasnt there I was equally frustrated at the fact we didnt have those things there.

The issue is now being dealt with to ensure we have them for Ford Fair and RS National Day.

Cheers

Jim

• Validating
  • 256 posts
I Just wanted to say that this is a superb site, even though I am a non ST, guy I have been made to feel at home and spent a fair amount of time on the STOC club stand at FITP.

I don't know if everybody would agree, but I think it would be cool to see a little more liason with other clubs, for reigonal meets like BW which was superb!

It is nice to be part of a very well run and friendly club

:yep: :black:

Mike

Jim

Jim

Founder (retired)

• Club Member
  • 4219 posts
Anyone else able to give us some feedback/suggestions? Dont forget a years membership will be introduced free for any suggestions implimented. :)

Leemk6

Leemk6
  • Forum User
  • 1168 posts
theres not really anything wrong with the site tbh. its nicely layed out, nice atmosphere, easy to use.

it would be nice if all paying members including collective members could use the garage/registry, i know its not much but its something worth doing and id definatly love to use it. :)

Thanks Lee, I will consider that when we do our upgrade

chrisb70

chrisb70
  • Forum User
  • 281 posts
  • Livingston,Scotland
I think the site is spot on tbh.
Never had any issues, all members willing to help if required.
Good site for picking up info on the fiesta/mods etc.
Cant think of any ideas to improve at the mo.
Cheers..Chris

doesntbelong

doesntbelong
  • Banned
  • 1181 posts
  • Blackpool, North West
Improvements:

>> The adjustment of the navigation (where it says, Home, Forums, Garage etc). Improve it so that it works within Internet Explorer 6.

Yea this is something that will be sorted for our upgrade coming soon

>> I would say a work safe skin would be good to see for example on my forums, I have designed a simple text based layout that by default does not display posted images, signatures, smilies or avatars, it is colourless with a plain white background and black text. (I know there is a lo-fi version but this doesnt have the features).

This is so we can all safely surf at work :)

Off the top of my head, I'm not too sure how I could do this, obviously the Lo-Fi Version is supposed to do that, so not sure there is a way around that, will have a look round and see what I can find out, thanks for that :)

>> Shoutbox & News Box - should be side by side in order to bring the topics higher up the page so that we do not have to scroll to see the information we want to see.

Oh how I've tried lol. Strangely it is something I am working on as we speak with the new version of the site, I hope to sort this out

>> The fiestastoc.com logo should be left aligned, the advertisements for companies centralised and then to the right of that should be the search box :) So the topics appear higher up the page and easier to read.

Again, good suggestion and its good to see you've had the same thoughts as me, this is something that has been resolved for the next version, as above the only thing we may not be able to do is get the forum announcements and shoutbox in line.... but try I will.

Thanks very much for your input Tim, its really appreciated

Urrrm, that is all :lol:

Cheers
Tim

myfiestast

myfiestast
  • Forum User
  • 1857 posts
  • Fiesta ST MR200
Jim
I've been thinking long and hard about some improvements to the site! But Iíve been struggling as the site is pretty good as it is!

The only things I can come up with are:

Been able to select a different colour scheme like on msnís home page (hope this makes sense?)

I know what you mean and this is easily possible via different skins, unfortunately, the work involved to get everything looking and working right on each skin isn't straight forward. Our new version of the site which is due soon will see an upgraded version of the current look. This has cost a fair amount of money with it being a custom design).

Also I've been thinking about how much we all spend on our cars and think it's about time we gave something back! I think the club should support a charity and the only one that comes to mind is the air ambulance! I think the work they do is great and really need our support! I think its something that we can all relate too!

Yea definately think this is a good idea, maybe change it every quarter in the year to spread it across a few different charities. However, and whilst it is stating the obvious, this will not be successful unless members contribute. It is possible to set up a donation system where members can view the amount donated and at the end of the quarter the money could be sent off.

Thanks for the suggestions

I hope this is possible!

doesntbelong

doesntbelong
  • Banned
  • 1181 posts
  • Blackpool, North West
Jim, I have done basically all I have suggested on my own forums so feel free to grab me on MSN if you do want any help I've spent years tweaking Invision :)

Tim

H10GHY

H10GHY
  • Forum User
  • 859 posts
  • Thieving Scum
ive noticed when your looking at all the forum sections and you click on lasy post info it randomly goes to a message that someone has posted, it would be good if it took you to the very last post that has been posted, i dont know if this makes any sense but its a little annoying sometimes, but i cant fault the site as a whole its great, very well run and very helpful jim

Hi Dave... the last post feature should take you to the last post you've read in that topic... so if its taking you to a random, post, the one above should be the last one you've read

doesntbelong

doesntbelong
  • Banned
  • 1181 posts
  • Blackpool, North West

ive noticed when your looking at all the forum sections and you click on lasy post info it randomly goes to a message that someone has posted, it would be good if it took you to the very last post that has been posted, i dont know if this makes any sense but its a little annoying sometimes, but i cant fault the site as a whole its great, very well run and very helpful jim

The function you click on is designed to take you to 'last read post' by yourself and not the post at the end of the topic.

Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users