Your feedback about Fiestastoc.com - Page 2 - Club Feedback & Suggestions - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Your feedback about Fiestastoc.com

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Guest_Cron_*

Guest_Cron_*
  • Guests
Just a couple of points i've noticed:

Purchasing membership - be good if it actually showed the different types of club stickers / tax disks - currently it just has the description. Even if it was just a PDF you could download (so just put a link there somewhere) showing the different types. I know i've noticed a few posts from people wondering what the etched design is etc.

Todays posts - I know you can get the days latest posts, but it'd be good if that was more prominent - as I don't think most members would know it exists? I might be wrong :)

Thats it off the top of my head - the forum/site works pretty well on the whole.

Rab ST

Rab ST
  • Forum User
  • 1441 posts
  • Irvine
Im a member of the the MGZR forum, though tht site was amazing for advice i find everyone here is more inviting. i was only on for 1 day and had any questions i ask answered in no time.

the site is well laid out, no major problems there, be better when im used to it and have taken delivery of me :white-s: :ST:

thanks to everyone for there help and advice really appreciate it.

Joy

Joy

VIP MEMBER

• Club Member
  • 4935 posts
  • Bognor Regis
You're welcome Rab, and thank you for the positive feedback :thumbsup:

• Validating
  • 715 posts
How about making the Sponsors section of the site viewable by non Owner Members?

There's stuff in there thats not always just applicable to Owner Members and it just seems daft to me to stop them seeing it. Its easy enough for Sponsors to check that someone is an Owner Member before they try and get Owner Member specific discounts. Surely it would also encourage more people to become Owner Members if they can see some more of the discounts and offers that could be available to them?

Thanks for your feedback - The Sponsors Forums are now viewbale at the front end, however, the actual content of the posts are not viewable

• Validating
  • 1013 posts

How about making the Sponsors section of the site viewable by non Owner Members?

There's stuff in there thats not always just applicable to Owner Members and it just seems daft to me to stop them seeing it. Its easy enough for Sponsors to check that someone is an Owner Member before they try and get Owner Member specific discounts. Surely it would also encourage more people to become Owner Members if they can see some more of the discounts and offers that could be available to them?

I agree with that, there may be people on here that don't see the point in becoming an 'owner member' but if they can see deals etc that there missing out on it may make them join up.

Other than that the site is great :thumbsup:

• Validating
  • 16 posts
Love the site but i would like to know more about the new concepts coming out like RS and Cosworth eventhough we own fiesta's its nice to know what beats us on the road but over all i love the site and all the friendly people

geo123

geo123
  • Forum User
  • 774 posts
  • Falkirk Scotland UK
This is the first time i ever came across this, i would like to point out that the staff and members are great very helpful and there always there to support or help in any types of event wether it looking for help engine transplants anything like that, this site is one of the most brilliant sites around on the web, and i hope it keeps going for a long time, thanks jim for putting your effort into making this site, and staff and members thanks for all your help :)

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Dal

Dal
  • Forum User
  • 5621 posts
  • Dal
  • Chelmsford, Essex
I think for shows we need name badges cos you speak to people on here all the time and then when it comes to the shows you dont know who the hell everyone is :lol:

apart from that its a great site and although this is my last year on here im sure it will be as good as the last 2

Dal

Dal,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will have to look into whether this is possible to be included with your show tickets.

Jim

OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice
  • Forum User
  • 357 posts
  • Kent
I think ALL the for sale/trade sections should be visible to ALL members... when you are selling stuff, exposure counts.

On the whole across the internet, the ability to sell something usally results in paying a fee. When we first started the club I was more than happy to leave the classifieds sections open to everyone, however two problems occurred. People joining just to sell something and none members selling items and not following through the sale... for me not to get involved wouldnt have looked good, but the time that took up for me to do so was crazy.

Therefore the classified will remain exclusive to Owner Members, where it helps to ensure safe purchases.

Also.. graphically, the thing I see which looks a bit daft is the Posted Image logo... legibility is very poor (fixed either by using a lighter blue on the word owner, or a white/light grey outline instead of black.

eg: Posted Image

Thanks for the suggestion, I agree it is a little poor on the eye :)

The only other think I would like to know more about on this forum is smaller meets that occur generally with non ST car groups... e.g. other cruise sites or small events that occur all over the place.. I don't have a clue if people still have meets in Ashford or across kent anywhere (but im sure they do?!) and I would love to show up to more low-brow events to make my car look good against the mainly modded tat, but still get to spot some scoobies or skylines etc...

Two options with this one, you ask your regional rep to keep an eye out for none Fiestastoc.com meets, or you become a member on your local cruise sites. If any information about these cruises are posted up, so long as they are legal I have no issue, however the club is not to be involved with any illegal cruises

Thanks for your feedback :)

martinnoble

martinnoble
  • Forum User
  • 428 posts
I reckon Dal has a good point. Any chance of a sort of standard name badge we can download and fill in our names in ourselves?

I have some club calling cards too but had to rely on a member of staff to send me them. Can't we get them on download too?

Otherwise this is just the best site with an awsome membership!

• Validating
  • 1034 posts
I have been a member on this site for three years now (doesn't time fly) and what a cracking site it is too. All I would say is that maybe we should crack down on security.

For example, make it policy not to disclose your address in any posts or any clues to where you live. And most importantly for people to disguise their number plate when posting pics of their car.

Just my thoughts.

Lou x

Thanks Lou, I'm afraid there is very little more I or the staff can now do regarding secuirty. It is down to you as members to ensure you're not disclosing personal information. Obviously I have asked staff if they come across anything like this they are to removed it. But it is not their role to go looking for it.

Good suggestion and it good to see you're thinking about other lou :)

Jim

ST_Mike

ST_Mike
  • Forum User
  • 2899 posts

I think for shows we need name badges cos you speak to people on here all the time and then when it comes to the shows you dont know who the hell everyone is :lol:

apart from that its a great site and although this is my last year on here im sure it will be as good as the last 2

Dal

We could all get stickers of our username for our back windows :p

Like the idea, however its an expense the club couldnt afford I'm afraid. I will look further into this name badge idea.

OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice
  • Forum User
  • 357 posts
  • Kent

I think ALL the for sale/trade sections should be visible to ALL members... when you are selling stuff, exposure counts.

On the whole across the internet, the ability to sell something usally results in paying a fee. When we first started the club I was more than happy to leave the classifieds sections open to everyone, however two problems occurred. People joining just to sell something and none members selling items and not following through the sale... for me not to get involved wouldnt have looked good, but the time that took up for me to do so was crazy.

Therefore the classified will remain exclusive to Owner Members, where it helps to ensure safe purchases.

How about making the sections visible to all members, and allowing all members to post replies (e.g. interest in the item) but ONLY allow owner members to be topic starters in these sections?.... That way the problems you speak of are avoided completely, but exposure still is much higher.

You would think that would be the best option, however that then leads to daily PM's / Email asking why I cant post in the Classifieds Section. It doesnt matter how clear I put messages up, some just dont read it.

We are due to have a brand new Classifieds System some time in May, after testing I will look into whether it will be opened up for everyone, however non owner members will likely have to pay a small fee for listing items. Thanks again for your suggestion, I'm sorry to come across as putting it down, however we've looked at every option over the last few years and where we are now worked the best.

Ciaran

Ciaran

• Club Member
  • 814 posts
  • Northern Ireland
In my opinion I think that :fiestastoc: is a great site :)

Very easy to navigate and helpful to people with STs, looking to buy or just have a general intrest in cars.

The only thing that I can think of to make it better (which to be honest dosen't really bother me at all lol) is when you post a topic, add a reply etc... a new screen comes up saying something like:

" THANKS your post has been added (if you do not wish to wait click here) "

Can you do without this screen?

Other than that minor thing its a fantastic site :)

Keep up the good work!!

Ciaran

gjilks

gjilks
  • Forum User
  • 114 posts
  • Bearsden, Glasgow
Jim,

First of all this is the best owners club website I have come across. I have dealt with the SIDC and KaKlub but the helpfulness of the members here are second to none.

As a new member the only comment I can make is the amount of time it has taken me to find out simple information like engine oil types, wheel nut torques, tyre pressures etc. for me to check on my new ST. If there was a part of the website that had any of this information easy to hand it would be a lot easier for people new to owning performance cars.

In addition I feel there should be a seperate section for people to post their own "how to" guides for their mods. These are also time consuming to pinpoint and would be invaluable to anyone looking for guidance. An option for others to rate the quality of a how to guide would be useful as well.

Hope some of that made sense :unsure: .

Cheers,

Gordi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users