Club staff - Club Feedback & Suggestions - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Club staff

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

anon1b

anon1b
  • Forum User
  • 441 posts

I think the club staff need to settle down with closing an moving threads about. I dont think it is making a good impression on new an old  members coming to (back) the forum as all they see is club staff blocking everything. All you need to do is use your head let them ask some question get some answers then close or move it in a couple of months once the see how good the club could be. 

• Tom Edwards likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

Can you please provide some examples?

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

Threads are moved into the correct section so that future searching of the site is easier, i.e. you are looking for information about exhaust systems on the Mk7 ST, so you go to the Mk7 Technical section for Engine, Exhaust and Induction...rather than having to trawl through page after page of Mk7 Discussion, General Discussion etc.

This is not done to get Forum Users to sign up, member type plays no part in the decision to move a thread, purely what the thread is about.  If it happens to be a Forum User who has created the thread, if it is their first question of a technical nature, I will mention in the thread that it will be moved, mention club membership and then leave it until they have answers and have come back online to see them;

Example; http://www.fiestasto...r/#entry2440114

As for locking threads, we don't do this for enjoyment.  Threads are locked when they are either duplication of topics or are not being productive (petty arguing/gone way off topic/getting personal).

anon1b

anon1b
  • Forum User
  • 441 posts

New member ask a question( yea in the wrong section i give them that) but why move it? let them keep it in that section for a month or so to get answers show them what the site could be like an not full of idiot keyboard warriors trying to ruin a good site. Hence why i haven't renewed membership i think you are been to keen at closeing stuff  

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

New member ask a question( yea in the wrong section i give them that) but why move it? let them keep it in that section for a month or so to get answers show them what the site could be like an not full of idiot keyboard warriors trying to ruin a good site. Hence why i haven't renewed membership i think you are been to keen at closeing stuff  

Paul, the number of threads that get closed is very, very small in comparison to those left open.

If we were to leave threads open for months on end in the wrong section, the site would become extremely untidy and very hard to moderate.

anon1b

anon1b
  • Forum User
  • 441 posts

all i am sayin is you need to relax abit more 

iAustinMark

iAustinMark

The Dorset Doorman

• Forum User
  • 828 posts

Shouldn't this thread be posted in the MK7 discussions forum?

• SyePie, Michael H, _Chris_ and 2 others like this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

As I have asked, if you could provide some examples of where threads have been closed/moved that you think is unnecessary, we can look into it.

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire

New member ask a question( yea in the wrong section i give them that) but why move it? let them keep it in that section for a month or so to get answers show them what the site could be like 

This is just not possible in reality. 

A few points

1. We have worked this way for 10 years, it is not something new and you should be used to it by now

2. Staff do try to leave posts until answers are received. I'll give you a very recent example - http://www.fiestasto...r/#entry2440114. Alec left this one waiting for the OP to read the answers before moving it. The OP has not logged back on again since posting though. How long do we leave it? Forever?

3. A newbies intro post is NEVER moved out of the introductions area regardless of content. So if they do the polite thing and say hello as well as ask a question they will get what they require

• AMc and Dan Santhems like this

pengelly88

pengelly88

<3 My Scottish Lass

• Forum User
  • 1935 posts

Paul to be fair, answers are given and they OP sees them before they are moved if they are of a technical nature. The pointless duplicate threads that all appear in the MK7 section of the site are extremely annoying! 

Cojack

Cojack
  • Forum User
  • 1670 posts
  • South Central

If you want to see answers to your questions and use the forum regularly then buy a membership and help contribute to its upkeep. If the staff left the threads to be raised anywhere and everywhere they'd have one hell of a job trying to tidy up if they left each one for a month at a time.

• Dan Santhems likes this

Michael H

Michael H

"Garden of England"

• Forum User
  • 1756 posts
  • Michael
  • Kent

If the attitude is to keep threads in the area they're created shall we all stop paying for membership and post the discussion area instead of the technical area? :facepalm:

Fox

Fox

Legend

• Forum User
  • 1507 posts
  • Richard
  • Chelmsford, Essex

Can you please provide some examples?

Obviously not.

• iAustinMark and Dan Santhems like this

STar1986

STar1986
  • Forum User
  • 5190 posts
  • Chris
  • Manchester, stalybridge

Im on Pauls side, I hate the staff on here (apart from Sye)

• SyePie, jeSTer, AMc and 3 others like this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

Im on Pauls side, I hate the staff on here (apart from Sye)

Love you too, Chris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users