New Thread?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jonny

Jonny
  • Forum User
  • 2570 posts

Hi there,

Seen on another forum a section for 'eBay/Internet Finds' which I thought was a good idea. Maybe something we could implement here?

The section is clearly not for advertising your own ebay items, but a place for members to share items they stumble across on the net, which may be of value to other forum members.

Just an idea - thought I'd mention it as something to consider.

Jonny

sme101

sme101
  • Club Member
  • 6722 posts

Hi there,

Seen on another forum a section for 'eBay/Internet Finds' which I thought was a good idea. Maybe something we could implement here?

The section is clearly not for advertising your own ebay items, but a place for members to share items they stumble across on the net, which may be of value to other forum members.

Just an idea - thought I'd mention it as something to consider.

Jonny

Sounds like a good idea in principle but we think if members find specific things they wish to share then they can just start a new thread.  We would have no way of telling if members are linked to the items/sites they share and we would almost be inviting those that wish to take advantage of members to have a go at doing so.  So thats our reason for not wanting to implement this on this occasion.

• Clive likes this

Jonny

Jonny
  • Forum User
  • 2570 posts
Fair enough. I was just trying to clear out the mk7 non-technical section for you admins. Seems like a dumping ground for everything at the moment!
  • AMc likes this

###simon###

###simon###
  • Club Member
  • 2379 posts
  • Bishops Cleeve
I have seen this on another forum and it did work really well and wasn't really abused. Shame it can't be implemented although it does mean that I'm not gonna have to share my finds on eBay lol

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

Fair enough. I was just trying to clear out the mk7 non-technical section for you admins. Seems like a dumping ground for everything at the moment!

:lol:  That'll be the day!

Most of the time, the items in question can just be posted in the relevant sub-sections of the technical forums... e.g. you find some headlight bulbs...whack them up in the Lighting and Electrical section.

As you say though, a lot of members just think "Ooh, I drive a Mk7 ST...ooh look, Mk7 ST Discussion, I'll just post it in here!".

• Jonny likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users