• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

STevelake

STevelake
  • Forum User
  • 68 posts
  • Steven
  • Shotts
I don't know if these exist and i'm just not aware of it.

Having a closed group on Facebook would be a good way for everybody in a region to get in touch with each other very quickly. Lets be honest most of us have facebook on our phones and recieve updates when something pops up through notifications. Where as not everyone can be on the forum all the time. Just a suggestion

Each new regional rep could set up the closed group and only accept members of the club.

Feel free to delete if this is already in place
  • Rich likes this

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire

The while idea of having a community of Regional Reps on here is so that these meets are organised and posted on here.

It is all well and good using Facebook to help, but it should not be the prime source of community information.

These groups are often opened and run by members with no link to the forum Staff, and have been at times, managed in a way that does not reflect the usual inclusive nature of our Club. New forum members expect regional meet info to be posted on here, not have to go searching Facebook for a local Group only to find themselves excluded by whoever set it up.

• AMc likes this

Jonny

Jonny
  • Forum User
  • 2570 posts

Rich,

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a facebook group using the club's branding. Doesn't look as if it is massively busy though:

https://www.facebook...?ref=ts&fref=ts

Given your previous statement, I am going to guess that this is unofficial?

Clive

Clive
  • Administrator
  • 747 posts

That's our official Facebook site Jonny  :biggrin:

Jonny

Jonny
  • Forum User
  • 2570 posts

That's our official Facebook site Jonny  :biggrin:

My bad!

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire

My bad!

Easy mistake to make, our owners can't seem to make their minds up whether to use Facebook more or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users