57 replies to this topic

MilkyMountune

MilkyMountune
  • Forum User
  • 492 posts
  • Grant
  • Bournemouth

Just received an email from M-Sport!

Here are some more details on the M-Sport Fiesta I've mentioned in a few posts!

The car is being launched at Rally GB this Thursday and will be there the whole weekend. If you are going to be there, come over to the M-Sport area at the service park. You can also keep up with the latest news at https://www.facebook...aMSportEdition/, which will go fully live on Thursday.

The pictures of the features I've mentioned are on the Facebook page  :biggrin:.  Only thing it doesn't have a picture of yet is the Induction system which I for one will almost definitely be purchasing

MarksST

MarksST
  • Club Member
  • 5931 posts
  • Mark
  • West Sussex
Have they mentioned an induction kit, I've seen the teaser pics and the concept car at ford fair, if it has that power output then it's possibly using the same induction kit as another company with an M badge.

MilkyMountune

MilkyMountune
  • Forum User
  • 492 posts
  • Grant
  • Bournemouth

Have they mentioned an induction kit, I've seen the teaser pics and the concept car at ford fair, if it has that power output then it's possibly using the same induction kit as another company with an M badge.

They had the bonnet propped up at Rally Day just gone.  It's definitely not the Mountune one. Although with 215PS it wouldn't surprise me if it's a very similar, it not the same map.

hqdefault.jpg

Looks fairly similar to the USA FSWerks one, except there's shielding segmenting off the cone 'section'.  The cone is slightly smaller and the pipe running over the engine is shiny chrome  :wub:

EDIT:  I've just noticed that the new Mountune etching on their CBE is very similar to that of the M-Sport one  :lmao:

StoneacreYork

StoneacreYork
  • Forum User
  • 1598 posts
  • York

Id imagine this will be a conversion kit like the M-Sport transit custom as opposed to an actual factory built vehicle. Rear spoiler looks good though!

• MilkyMountune likes this

MilkyMountune

MilkyMountune
  • Forum User
  • 492 posts
  • Grant
  • Bournemouth

Id imagine this will be a conversion kit like the M-Sport transit custom as opposed to an actual factory built vehicle. Rear spoiler looks good though!

Will have to agree with you there!

From what the reps were saying at Rally Day it was going to be a whole car offered from M-Sport.  The base Fiesta they use is an ST1 because apparently it's lighter (but I don't see how there's a massive weight difference between ST1 & ST2!).

I love the wheels, supposedly the finished car will have M-Sport forged into the alloy somewhere to make it unique and only available to them.  Give it a few months and I'll be tempted by the non-branded ones from OZ...

StoneacreYork

StoneacreYork
  • Forum User
  • 1598 posts
  • York

I bet it wont be cheap as the Transit custom upgrade is about £10,000 on top of the base vehicle price!

MilkyMountune

MilkyMountune
  • Forum User
  • 492 posts
  • Grant
  • Bournemouth

I bet it wont be cheap as the Transit custom upgrade is about £10,000 on top of the base vehicle price!

Ouch!  That's a lot of money to spend on the transit for just a few changes

Eibach lowered suspension and OZ Racing wheels with 18" Michelin tyres highlight links to the World Rally Team, while a remodelled steering wheel with M-Sport branded dials and floor mats add some finishing touches. A new exhaust system – integrated into the rear bumper – completes the look alongside a striking roof spoiler.

It's a shame they don't offer the Fiesta R5 conversion for £10,000  :lmao:

The_Dogging_Father

The_Dogging_Father
  • Forum User
  • 2091 posts

Those wheels look sweet :nice:

• MilkyMountune likes this

paul-h

paul-h
  • Forum User
  • 813 posts
  • Argyll
Ive already enquired about the spoiler, it's available to buy separately soon apparently! 😁 I'm for one of those!
  • BenST215 and Tom_ST2 like this

MilkyMountune

MilkyMountune
  • Forum User
  • 492 posts
  • Grant
  • Bournemouth

Ive already enquired about the spoiler, it's available to buy separately soon apparently! I'm for one of those!

Will it be provided in black or primer ready for painting?

You'll have to show us some pics when it's on :nice:

paul-h

paul-h
  • Forum User
  • 813 posts
  • Argyll
Pass but I'll be having it in black as my car is white! 😁 Just hope I like it as I've only seen a corner of the spoiler so far!! 😂

Scott 105e

Scott 105e
  • Forum User
  • 274 posts
There is now a video on the Facebook page linked above.

Wheels suit it well.

Scott.

MarksST

MarksST
  • Club Member
  • 5931 posts
  • Mark
  • West Sussex
It's ok but just a dealer special really, it's got the mp215 which keeps the warranty intact but also has the diff which would lose the warranty on the gearbox, or is this now warranty friendly?

The induction kit looks like a J1 kit with a piper cross filter.

Brakes and shocks sound good.

The_Dogging_Father

The_Dogging_Father
  • Forum User
  • 2091 posts

It's ok but just a dealer special really, it's got the mp215 which keeps the warranty intact but also has the diff which would lose the warranty on the gearbox, or is this now warranty friendly?

Be good if it is. I love the way the Fiesta drives but after years of driving a car with an LSD, the electronics just feels very unnatural and I don't have the same confidence to really push on in the same way. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now it does feel a bit odd.

Dazaturbo

Dazaturbo
  • Forum User
  • 300 posts

Be good if it is. I love the way the Fiesta drives but after years of driving a car with an LSD, the electronics just feels very unnatural and I don't have the same confidence to really push on in the same way. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now it does feel a bit odd.

How does the lad get on working with the electronic diff thing??

Does the car still try to brake the outside wheel??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users