shows

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

mark st

mark st
  • Forum User
  • 1110 posts
  • staffordshire

why are most  of the shows out of the way for most people, I really think more should be done close to the centre of the country, I,e donnington  / oulton park, and  around the Staffordshire are it has got very easy links, M6/M1

Jaf2212

Jaf2212
  • Forum User
  • 4216 posts

Its not the club that arrange the shows

sme101

sme101
  • Club Member
  • 6722 posts

Feel free to organise your own nearer you :p (which would also be near me so you got my support!)

But tbh there are enough throughout the year for some to be close to most people - even the midlands isnt that close for lots of people.

Is it the travelling time/early starts? Most people dont mind it to make and make day of it, maybe you're just not that into the car scene :bleh:

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 2619 posts
  • Scottish Borders

Personally i think there should be a lot more in the Scottish Borders. Staffordshire is way nearer than the miles i have to do :bleh:

• mark st, Gordon and Siobhan like this

mark st

mark st
  • Forum User
  • 1110 posts
  • staffordshire

what I am saying is most ford shows. i.e ford fair the new international ford show, fiesta in the park etc are all in the south part of the country, if they where based more in the midlands/ Staffordshire/ Cheshire area it would be fair  for most who travel from north and south

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

As already mentioned, the club doesn't organise the shows.  Thing is, you're never going to please everyone... I mean, what about those who live in Ireland?  They always have to get a ferry over etc, so we should have more shows over there too really.

mark st

mark st
  • Forum User
  • 1110 posts
  • staffordshire

yeh but what I am saying is north midlands/Cheshire boarder is central of the country with very easy transport links

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

You're preaching to the wrong crowd though :)

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 2619 posts
  • Scottish Borders

There are a lot of local shows around the country. However, the larger ones do tend to be down south as that is where the organisers of these shows choose to have them. As Alec says, we don't organise any shows ourselves. 

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 2619 posts
  • Scottish Borders

http://www.thefastca...-car-festival-0

mark st

mark st
  • Forum User
  • 1110 posts
  • staffordshire

You're preaching to the wrong crowd though :)

I never said they was organised on here, I was just asking and making a suggestion

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23015 posts

I never said they was organised on here, I was just asking and making a suggestion

Ah but you see, you have done it in the Club Feedback & Suggestion section, which is for feedback and suggestions about the club/what the club does.  As we (the club) do not organise these events, there is nothing it can do about it, hence 'preaching to the wrong crowd'.

• mark st likes this

mark st

mark st
  • Forum User
  • 1110 posts
  • staffordshire

thought there maybe some people here  with contacts though mate

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire

The M6 can never be described as a "good" transport link. :nope:

Amanda

Amanda

Management Team

• Administrator
  • 454 posts
  • Monmouthsire South Wales

thought there maybe some people here  with contacts though mate

We only deal with the people responsible for ticket sales (I suppose they are sales and marketing) ...... The shows have already been organised by the time we are involved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users