• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Eomar

Eomar
  • Forum User
  • 1253 posts
  • Mike
  • Moray

We only deal with the people responsible for ticket sales (I suppose they are sales and marketing) ...... The shows have already been organised by the time we are involved.

the major organisers will only do stuff where they think there is demand, so if large and well organised clubs indicate to them that there is demand somewhere then they will tend to follow the money.

Likes of RSOC can steer event coordination (although granted they do their own as well)

Given the size of the STOC network, is there room for more involvement in driving events rather than responding to them?

Amanda

Amanda

Management Team

• Administrator
  • 454 posts
  • Monmouthsire South Wales

Given the size of the STOC network, is there room for more involvement in driving events rather than responding to them?

We would have absolutely no influence at all ....... With the exception of Ford Fair ..... Attendance at the two shows already held have been less than 50 cars this year ...... Numbers also dropped drastically for the two shows held at Castle Combe last year .... The only venue in the south .... Rally day 2 members and RS Combe about 10 cars turned up.

Jaf2212

Jaf2212
  • Forum User
  • 4216 posts

There are already a lot of shows and not everyone wants to attend them all

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 2619 posts
  • Scottish Borders

the major organisers will only do stuff where they think there is demand, so if large and well organised clubs indicate to them that there is demand somewhere then they will tend to follow the money.

Likes of RSOC can steer event coordination (although granted they do their own as well)

We may have over 78,0000 members across the four sites. However, not all of these are active. And only a handful attend shows. We have dropped a couple of our usual shoes this year due to poor attendance last year. And will probably drop more next year. Use it or loose it.

mark st

mark st
  • Forum User
  • 1110 posts
  • staffordshire

like I said before a more centrally located venue would probably be better for more people, i.e ford fair in the north midlands/Cheshire boarder area would be a lot better for most people across the country , and before you all say  I know its not upto you where its based, but surly someone on here got contacts

Clive

Clive
  • Administrator
  • 747 posts

One thing's for sure , you can't please everybody .  :grin:

Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris
  • Forum User
  • 1138 posts
  • Macclesfield

i thought it may be most of the demographic are in the south , but the demographic centre of Great briton (not england) is apparently just north of Birmingham 

Appleby Parva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users