Are sunroofs rare for the mk6 ST? - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Are sunroofs rare for the mk6 ST?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

LeviST

LeviST
  • Forum User
  • 114 posts

I bought an ST a few days ago and noticed it had a sun roof, and I've been looking about and it appears that they are not as common as I thought.

Mine is an '08 Panther Black so it actually blends in quite nicely and is not really noticeable but its quite handy when it get hot.

How many have you guys seen with a sun roof?

Tonyov

Tonyov
  • Forum User
  • 32 posts
Not seen any personally but i don't see why ford did them, the aircon is good enough, another rattle and leak to contend with.

LeviST

LeviST
  • Forum User
  • 114 posts

Not seen any personally but i don't see why ford did them, the aircon is good enough, another rattle and leak to contend with.

Seems a pretty solid unit to be fair.

Air con for me sucks... 

TomsST

TomsST
  • Forum User
  • 99 posts

Can't remember seeing one with a sunroof myself either so must be pretty rare.

AC didn't work in mine when I got it, regassed it with one of those cans from Halfords and seems to work pretty well now.

LeviST

LeviST
  • Forum User
  • 114 posts

Can't remember seeing one with a sunroof myself either so must be pretty rare.

AC didn't work in mine when I got it, regassed it with one of those cans from Halfords and seems to work pretty well now.

Ah I might have the same issue then, how much is a regas ?

TomsST

TomsST
  • Forum User
  • 99 posts

About £40 at most garages and they'll do a pressure test to check you haven't got any leaks first. 

I had 3 cars to regas so worked out cheaper to get the can from Halfords but not worth it for just one, I also have a Halfords trade card which made it cheaper.

LeviST

LeviST
  • Forum User
  • 114 posts

Fair do's I will get that done.

People seem to complain about the sun roof being manual but mine is electric. Ha.. guess I got lucky.

• TomsST likes this

joe_st

joe_st
  • Club Member
  • 741 posts

Yes, the sunroof is a pretty rare optional extra on the normal mk6s, even more so on the STs

xCarlx

xCarlx
  • Forum User
  • 2080 posts
  • Carl
  • West Midlands

never seen it before

Satch

Satch
  • Forum User
  • 2780 posts
  • West Yorkshire

There are a few about but it was never really worth adding it as an option, plus older spec Fiesta's/Fords with sunroofs previously it was always a weak point for rust/water ingress but maybe they are a lot better these days. I've only ever seen a handful since 2007!

LeviST

LeviST
  • Forum User
  • 114 posts

There are a few about but it was never really worth adding it as an option, plus older spec Fiesta's/Fords with sunroofs previously it was always a weak point for rust/water ingress but maybe they are a lot better these days. I've only ever seen a hand since 2007!

Heard that a lot, literally have no problems with mine at all. Actually really like it! :)

Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris
  • Forum User
  • 1138 posts
  • Macclesfield
I went to a few st meets before the mk7 came out and only ever saw 1 on Steves car. Yes it is very rare.

mpballer

mpballer
  • Forum User
  • 183 posts
  • Michael
  • Midlothian

Another sunroof owner here.  Mines manual though - didn't know there was an electric one! I've never seen another with a sunroof in 2 and a bit years of ownership.  No problems with mine either, although it doesn't exactly get a great deal of use.

ST85

ST85
  • Club Member
  • 2741 posts
  • Manchester
I've got a sunroof 😁
But once you hit about 55/60 mph you get quite bad wind noise. Luckily I wownt be doing much motorway driving so should be fine

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 55 posts

I wanted one with a sunroof but just couldn't find the right car that had one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users