the grand tour tgt clarkson hammond may

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

Bumgrape

Bumgrape
  • Forum User
  • 1238 posts

I signed up for Amazon Prime! :thumbsup:

No doubt streaming of the show live on friday will be awful, but extremely excited for this! 

I'm probably going to wait till Sunday when TV's a bit quieter and wont get told off by the missus so hopefully streaming wont be an issue.  Generally Prime is pretty good for streaming so hopefully they'll be ok anyway.

I saw Clarkson interviewed on the news this morning and it sounded like Top Gear was getting out of hand anyway and it didn't sound like sour grapes either.  Hopefully they've been given more free rein and so will be back to a better chemistry between them all.

Amazon will have blown a lot of cash on this so I'm guessing a lot hangs on whether this will be a one off series or not.  From the feedback of the 'new' Top Gear they can't really go wrong.

• STMike94 likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23171 posts

I'm probably going to wait till Sunday when TV's a bit quieter and wont get told off by the missus so hopefully streaming wont be an issue.  Generally Prime is pretty good for streaming so hopefully they'll be ok anyway.

I saw Clarkson interviewed on the news this morning and it sounded like Top Gear was getting out of hand anyway and it didn't sound like sour grapes either.  Hopefully they've been given more free rein and so will be back to a better chemistry between them all.

Amazon will have blown a lot of cash on this so I'm guessing a lot hangs on whether this will be a one off series or not.  From the feedback of the 'new' Top Gear they can't really go wrong.

Already been contracted for 3 series of 12 episodes with a budget of £160M

Bumgrape

Bumgrape
  • Forum User
  • 1238 posts

Blimey, they've really gone for it.  Really hope it lives up to expectations.

• AMc likes this

Broomer

Broomer
  • Forum User
  • 262 posts
  • South Shropshire.

As long as it's not over the top with explosions every few minutes......oh wait, look what's in the trailer!

I will be signing up for the 30day free Prime trial to watch it, but I really got to hate the predictable stunts they'd pull all the time in Top Gear. It was the same :censored: week in week out. I'm hoping this won't be quite so stupid, but I won't hold my breath!

elwyn

elwyn
  • Forum User
  • 992 posts
  • Elwyn
  • Basildon

Its Clarkson, May and Hammond, the show may not be about the cars so much but those 3 together is always worth watching, like the DHL box challenge, they were making a box yet it was entertaining.....

• AMc and Laumk7 like this

STMike94

STMike94
  • Forum User
  • 1752 posts

Id watch almost anything Clarkson, Mat and Hammond put on TV. The chemistry and humor that they provide is pure entertainment; watching some of the best bits from the previous Top Gears is always a laugh; and no matter how many times you see that same episode on Dave, its still funny 

• AMc likes this

elwyn

elwyn
  • Forum User
  • 992 posts
  • Elwyn
  • Basildon
Anyone watch James May's Reassembler program? Never have I watched a man assemble a lawn mower with such interest haha

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23171 posts

Just seen that Prime is going for £59 instead of £79...offer ends on the 18th.

Is hilarious reading the comments on the post about it on Facebook.  So many people moaning and saying stuff like "Are you going to refund existing customers £20 then?"  Urrm, that's not how sales work you muppet.

elwyn

elwyn
  • Forum User
  • 992 posts
  • Elwyn
  • Basildon
Also, just seen this for anyone interested

OK link didn't seem to work but seen they are doing prime for £59 promotion for Grand Tour, saw on grand tour page on Facebook

elwyn

elwyn
  • Forum User
  • 992 posts
  • Elwyn
  • Basildon

Just seen that Prime is going for £59 instead of £79...offer ends on the 18th.

Is hilarious reading the comments on the post about it on Facebook.  So many people moaning and saying stuff like "Are you going to refund existing customers £20 then?"  Urrm, that's not how sales work you muppet.

Yeah I got mine last year on promo for £59

ST_Mike85

ST_Mike85
  • Forum User
  • 228 posts

:sad: I just signed up to this yesterday...

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23171 posts

:sad: I just signed up to this yesterday...

Meh, I'm already a member.  I have made savings elsewhere in my life so I'm not too fussed over a £20 promotion to new customers at the moment.

Look at it another way... £1.66 a month.  What would you do with that? :lol:

ST_Mike85

ST_Mike85
  • Forum User
  • 228 posts
I live for saving money though lol. Nah I know it's not a big deal, just like thinking I got a good deal.
  • AMc likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23171 posts

I live for saving money though lol. Nah I know it's not a big deal, just like thinking I got a good deal.

:lol: A true Scot, just like my dad.

• ST_Mike85 and KezzaST like this

loudgraham

loudgraham
  • Forum User
  • 1471 posts

https://www.amazon.c...pid=28220109106

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the grand tour, tgt, clarkson, hammond, may

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users