The Grand Tour

the grand tour tgt clarkson hammond may

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

Jonny

Jonny
  • Forum User
  • 2570 posts
Thoroughly enjoyed the last two episodes. Seems like they have taken a little while to get back in to the swing of things, but the last two had be hooked just like the old TG :thumbsup:
  • AMc and KirkeyBadgers like this

SBST3

SBST3
  • Forum User
  • 468 posts
Having read the comments I must be the only one that was a slight bit bored by episode 11..

Hammonds review of the Fiat was poor and the Maserati film was just boring. Would have been a bit better if they had got 3200's, turned the cocking about down a notch and introduced a few racing based challenges, James May excluded of course.

Again they could do with dropping that brain crash :censored: as that just takes up time and actually talk about something meaningful on conversation Street instead of the nonsense about chicken scrotums and leather..

I would like to add that I am a massive Top Gear fan and I usually find JC hilarious so I'm not a naysayer I'm just disappointed.
  • Rob084551 and MickyD like this

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6127 posts

@SBST3 Totally agree about the brain crash crap! I have just fast forwarded it since episode 2!!

elwyn

elwyn
  • Forum User
  • 992 posts
  • Elwyn
  • Basildon
Would be good if they got celebs but petrol heads! Not ones who have expensive cars because they can

JohnJ

JohnJ
  • Forum User
  • 4652 posts
I hate that celebrity brain crash as well. Especially the part when James says "so is he not coming on then?" Then you get Hammonds stupid reply. Get rid of that part and that unfunny American please!!!
  • MickyD likes this

Satch

Satch
  • Forum User
  • 2780 posts
  • West Yorkshire

I've never liked the American "stig" bit... I don't get why they can't just have a motorsport driver review the car/lap someone like Rob Austin would be great.

• MickyD likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23171 posts

Let's not forget it was all filmed before going out...so nothing will changed this series.  I agree, the Brain Crash bit is cringeworthy and sometimes the chat on 'Conversation Street' is a little bit strange.  However, I haven't got bored or disappointed with it.

Definitely sticking with it.  I still don't get why people expect it to be a full on car review show, they haven't done that sort of things for years.  The occasional new car will appear and a rivals test now and again, but on the whole it is just an entertainment show based around cars.

SBST3

SBST3
  • Forum User
  • 468 posts

Let's not forget it was all filmed before going out...so nothing will changed this series.  I agree, the Brain Crash bit is cringeworthy and sometimes the chat on 'Conversation Street' is a little bit strange.  However, I haven't got bored or disappointed with it.

Definitely sticking with it.  I still don't get why people expect it to be a full on car review show, they haven't done that sort of things for years.  The occasional new car will appear and a rivals test now and again, but on the whole it is just an entertainment show based around cars.

No one is expecting it to be a fifth gear style review show but many including myself are expecting the show to be motoring based entertainment. Rubber :censored: on steering wheels and launching cars into the sea is a little too cheesy comedy and quite far away from the final 5 series of Top Gear which is what made them successful.

Hopefully the next series will be the 10/10 motoring entertainment show that everyone was expecting. Being a first series of a new show there was always going to be parts people liked and disliked.

I am aware that they once fired a Jag into the sea from an aircraft carrier.

KirkeyBadgers

KirkeyBadgers
  • Forum User
  • 931 posts
  • kirk
  • Stoke

And the one in Ireland in the Twingo, I think it has a very Top gear-esque theme about it, with a little more freedom. Some parts may tract away from what the show is about slightly. But overall very enjoyable. Agree about brain crash, seems a lot of effort to get the celebrities and act them out but then kill them :lol: still funny though a bit repetitive now.

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23171 posts

The brain crash bit is a dig at the BBC, because they're not allowed to do star in a reasonably priced car.

• KirkeyBadgers likes this

KezzaST

KezzaST

'Kezza Essex Reeeeem'

• Forum User
  • 903 posts
  • Kieran
  • Glasgow

The brain crash bit is a dig at the BBC, because they're not allowed to do star in a reasonably priced car.

I think two things about it! I think that it's a dig at the BBC or amazon wanted them to have a celebrity bit but the trio didn't actually want one... so they killed them off quickly and then Jeremy says "well moving on then" and they can get to a new topic instead of having that. I could be thinking too far out though because I imagine if the producer really wanted it, he would have it.

Bumgrape

Bumgrape
  • Forum User
  • 1238 posts
Must admit I really enjoyed the final episode of the series. Bit like their old stuff again, decent car content and some amusing bits along the way.

First brain crash that was actually a funny outcome since the first episode.

Overall i've enjoyed the series, few weak episodes and the 'special' was a bit boring but overall I think they're just doing their thing and it's a generally entertaining show.
  • AMc, nn86 and KezzaST like this

Mr_ST

Mr_ST
  • Forum User
  • 54 posts

Last episode was good. Not all been good but worth watching atleast. 

• nn86 likes this

nn86

nn86
  • Forum User
  • 404 posts
  • Nick
  • Sheffield

Must admit I really enjoyed the final episode of the series. Bit like their old stuff again, decent car content and some amusing bits along the way.

First brain crash that was actually a funny outcome since the first episode.

Overall i've enjoyed the series, few weak episodes and the 'special' was a bit boring but overall I think they're just doing their thing and it's a generally entertaining show.

I'd agree with that.

LdoubleE

LdoubleE
  • Forum User
  • 892 posts
  • Lee
  • Wakefield/Pontefract
Overall it wasn't bad, better than the last series of top gear.
There still past their prime though, even the last few seasons of top gear were dropping off abit.
  • _jimmy_ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the grand tour, tgt, clarkson, hammond, may

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users