The Grand Tour - Season 2 - Page 3 - Media | Sport | TV & Film - Fiesta ST Owners Club

The Grand Tour - Season 2

the grand tour season 2 tgt tgt2

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

West4394

West4394
  • Forum User
  • 1401 posts
That lunchtime race idea seemed pretty good! Shame about the insignia - or is it? Haha

hglover683

hglover683
  • Club Member
  • 566 posts

That lunchtime race idea seemed pretty good! Shame about the insignia - or is it? Haha

Was a good idea until they put two cars on at once. Too small for that kinda thing, kinda ruined it for me at the end 

treeroy

treeroy
  • Forum User
  • 461 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

I'd like to think I would have put that Leon to shame in my fiST :ph34r: was a cool segment. ive really enjoyed all three episodes so far but don't like the new celebrity segment. Say whatever you want about the braincrash joke last season but at least it was only like 3-4 minutes, as opposed to 15 minutes now. Makes the actual program shorter. :(

Tim

Tim
  • Club Member
  • 1626 posts
  • Tim
  • Essex

I'd like to think I would have put that Leon to shame in my fiST :ph34r: was a cool segment. ive really enjoyed all three episodes so far but don't like the new celebrity segment. Say whatever you want about the braincrash joke last season but at least it was only like 3-4 minutes, as opposed to 15 minutes now. Makes the actual program shorter. :(

Yeah i'll be honest I skip through that bit now. Not an interest to me.

ChrisLeake

ChrisLeake
  • Forum User
  • 285 posts
  • Chris
  • Huddersfield

Wouldn't be bad if they had an actual celebrity on or someone interesting. Biggest "celeb" they've had so far was the Hoff, and he's a :censored:.

elwyn

elwyn
  • Forum User
  • 992 posts
  • Elwyn
  • Basildon
I feel sorry for that F Type that's getting destroyed by the gravel!

BLiTZ

BLiTZ
  • Club Member
  • 1240 posts
  • Ed
  • Selby
Can't help thinking that the F-Type is simply a F U to the BBC, "you've got a GT86, but we can afford to trash a Ja(-aaa-)g!"

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6129 posts

Do you think they really paid for the Jag?!? I'm pretty sure Jag would have gifted them this car probably along with a few tyres and a free monthly check up to ensure it never fails on film, after all how many people watch every episode of Grand Tour every week.... and how much would that sort of exposure have cost you if you asked for a primetime advert slot every week on national TV......

It's a no brainer.... just surprised its only an F Type!!  :lmao:

Pyrres

Pyrres
  • Forum User
  • 2908 posts
Yep and it's a small engine F-type. And biggest problem is going to be rust and you can cover that up easily with paint so it's not even expensive to run. It's actually cheap to run because of the lesser drive train stress so not as much driveshafts going etc etc.

West4394

West4394
  • Forum User
  • 1401 posts

Do you think they really paid for the Jag?!? I'm pretty sure Jag would have gifted them this car probably along with a few tyres and a free monthly check up to ensure it never fails on film, after all how many people watch every episode of Grand Tour every week.... and how much would that sort of exposure have cost you if you asked for a primetime advert slot every week on national TV......

It's a no brainer.... just surprised its only an F Type!!  :lmao:

Next season might bring something else 😂

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6129 posts

Next season might bring something else

Well "if" Jag gave them an F Type after last seasons ratings and this season ratings have increased.... maybe Aston should give them a call....  :whistle:

Tim

Tim
  • Club Member
  • 1626 posts
  • Tim
  • Essex

Same goes for most of the cars they use on film, massive marketing exposure for the car companies for the cost of one unit (car) or two if Hammond drives it!

I wasn't sure on the un-scripted bit on episode-4 . I know they're 'giving the viewers what they want' so I suppose they've tried and tested it to satisfy those haters.

• MickyD likes this

sutty18

sutty18
  • Forum User
  • 109 posts
  • West Yorkshire

latest episode was good apart from clarksons ken block video. which was good until they spent 10 mins dissecting what he actually did or didn't do in it. was tempted to hit the off button.

• _jimmy_ likes this

elwyn

elwyn
  • Forum User
  • 992 posts
  • Elwyn
  • Basildon
Best part was the dig at Lewis Hamilton #blessed and also the dig at Ken Block, wonder if they are mocking Ken Block as he seems to be omdoing stuff for Top Gear in the new trailer?

benbo

benbo
  • Forum User
  • 58 posts

Loving the new season. Me and the Mrs used to watch Top Gear religiously but she couldn't stand watching season 1, and I only watched out of loyalty lol. It was so try hard; just be three immature blokes driving fast cars, breaking sh** and giving each other sh**. And this season they did that. Basically Top Gear with everything renamed (y)

Not sure on the lunch time racing, I think that was faked. They all seemed like too good of drivers, sliding the cars, no concern for their cars. I think they were probably hired. Not even the celebs look that good on a proper track with professional guidance and 0 obstacles or risk of damaging their own cars. 

And that Jag is slow off the line, if anything, it would put me off buying one, poor marketing haha. But I'd love to get it sliding round the gravel!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the grand tour, season 2, tgt, tgt2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users