Alarm opening & closing car - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Alarm opening & closing car

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Podge2k5

Podge2k5
  • Forum User
  • 48 posts
Hey folks Ill keep it simple. Basically alarm is going off more often than before, it has also started to open & close itself when the fob has battery in just replaced fob with new battery too. Ive heard of the GEM device that had to be fitted ? mine currently doesnt have one would that be worth chasing up ? Im just praying its not an immobiliser problem & hoping for some light to be shared. Ive looked bits up but no one seems to mention the car constantly unlocking & having fob problems. Any help or info appreciated

###simon###

###simon###
  • Club Member
  • 2412 posts
  • Bishops Cleeve
Have you checked your main battery? Before mine went it was causing me nothing but bother with false alarms.

Podge2k5

Podge2k5
  • Forum User
  • 48 posts

Have you checked your main battery? Before mine went it was causing me nothing but bother with false alarms.

Cheers Ill change this the same time as my top mounts etc, top mount gave way the other day so my suspension is side ways sitting in the arch will ring rac to get me to the mech once the funds are together lol cheers Si will let you know how it goes

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1919 posts

Cheers Ill change this the same time as my top mounts etc, top mount gave way the other day so my suspension is side ways sitting in the arch will ring rac to get me to the mech once the funds are together lol cheers Si will let you know how it goes

Are you sure it wasn't the spring that snapped? Common problem on mk6 Fiestas

My alarm also goes off randomly but the battery is about 8 years old so could be that, then again it's gone off for no reason ever since I've had it but moreso this winter.

Podge2k5

Podge2k5
  • Forum User
  • 48 posts

Are you sure it wasn't the spring that snapped? Common problem on mk6 Fiestas

My alarm also goes off randomly but the battery is about 8 years old so could be that, then again it's gone off for no reason ever since I've had it but moreso this winter.

Good point, Im not sure as the top mount has totally gone though the springs dropped inside its sitting almost horizontal not sure if Im aloud to post photos ? Im going to get RAC out & get it to the garage next month, just praying its not expensive lol

Montyzumah

Montyzumah
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

I appreciate this is some time after the original post but didn't want to create another thread with the same theme. (My 1st message on this forum btw)

I bought a MK6 ST150 off a friend earlier this summer as it had been sitting on his parents drive as he'd been travelling. He had owned the cars for 11 years.

Anyway, I started to get the alarm randomly going off. I tried locking with the fob, key only, even leaving it open (this morning) and the alarm still goes off for no apparent reason.

The battery seems fine as the car starts first time even after a few days of not using. I tried to eliminate the fob but locking with key and leaving open.

It does seem to happen when its colder or more windy but has happened during the middle of a warm day.

I've read about the gem module update but the previous owner has never had this problem. (He's a good friend and told me all the issues he'd had and this wasn't one.)

so, the car currently has the battery disconnected and I'm looking for some suggestions please?

Many thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users