Moondust Silver

moondust silver colour

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

stl1

stl1
  • Club Member
  • 118 posts

Just saw this on eBay from another dealership, I must say, I quite like the understated look of moondust silver. It'd also stay a lot cleaner than the others and easier to maintain. 

Thoughts?

s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Attached Files

tokkugawa

tokkugawa
  • Club Member
  • 132 posts
  • Linköping

It wasn't bad. I was looking at moondust myself but I am glad I didn't take it. It's just.. too normal. Also I would be fighting all those old mondeos at my works parkinglot with the same colour.

Avanzato

Avanzato
  • Forum User
  • 99 posts

Was just about to post the same pics.  Can see the mismatch like Silver Fox

tisdalj

tisdalj
  • Forum User
  • 105 posts
That actually looks good in Moondust. The tints, dark-coloured wheels & vents contrast nicely.

Was just about to post the same pics.  Can see the mismatch like Silver Fox

I noticed that too. You'd think they'd have Moondust nailed; There must be millions of Fords in that colour.

Satch

Satch
  • Forum User
  • 2780 posts
  • West Yorkshire

I noticed that too. You'd think they'd have Moondust nailed; There must be millions of Fords in that colour. 

It's just the process or the materials they've got wrong, I think what surprises me the most is how long its been going on for now and Ford just don't seem to be bothered to fix it. How they even pass the quality check off the factory floor line at the end is also puzzling.

• GhulamAfzal11 likes this

Herr_Vents2

Herr_Vents2
  • Forum User
  • 283 posts

It's just the process or the materials they've got wrong, I think what surprises me the most is how long its been going on for now and Ford just don't seem to be bothered to fix it. How they even pass the quality check off the factory floor line at the end is also puzzling.

Woooah, back it up a moment.  Ford have a quality check?   :biggrin:

Just saw this on eBay from another dealership, I must say, I quite like the understated look of moondust silver. It'd also stay a lot cleaner than the others and easier to maintain. 

Thoughts?

Is Alfred Hitchcock in the profile shot?

GhulamAfzal11

GhulamAfzal11
  • Forum User
  • 290 posts
  • Ghulam
  • West Yorkshire

It looks clean but a bit too 'normal' if that makes sense? People could mistake it for a normal ST-Line from a distance but it may appeal to some people.

Herr_Vents2

Herr_Vents2
  • Forum User
  • 283 posts

It looks clean but a bit too 'normal' if that makes sense? People could mistake it for a normal ST-Line from a distance but it may appeal to some people.

But that's an inherent problem with the understated design of the ST full stop and why you need Silver Fox or Performance Blue, as any one of them looks like an ST-Line otherwise.  And then they'll put those two colours in the palette for the rest of the range and then we're all stuffed.

Chazbangwallop

Chazbangwallop
  • Forum User
  • 237 posts

But that's an inherent problem with the understated design of the ST full stop and why you need Silver Fox or Performance Blue, as any one of them looks like an ST-Line otherwise.  And then they'll put those two colours in the palette for the rest of the range and then we're all stuffed.

Guys worrying about people not knowing its an ST clearly dont have one yet - people turn their heads to look when Im in normal mode...

Broomer

Broomer
  • Forum User
  • 260 posts
  • South Shropshire.

You shouldn't be worrying about what model other people that you don't even know may or may not think your car is, get what ever colour you think looks the best! Don't choose a colour just so strangers might notice that you're in an ST!

Chances are that even an ST in one of the ST specific colours won't make it stand out as an ST to the vast majority of people on the road as they won't know what model of Fiesta's available in which colours anyway.

• Herr_Vents2 likes this

Herr_Vents2

Herr_Vents2
  • Forum User
  • 283 posts

Guys worrying about people not knowing its an ST clearly dont have one yet - people turn their heads to look when Im in normal mode...

Maybe you're living in an area disproportionately populated by Ford fans - wheels aside it looks very much like a Fiesta... :)  Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I find the idea of anyone other than the owners of our well honed, slightly obsessed eyes getting a fluttery heart over one.  When I saw three slightly grubby ones on a forecourt amongst all the other blue oval mundanities they looked a bit anonymous.

But I don't necessarily want to stick out, I just wish it had a little signature design bit somewhere that was a bit more its own.

Herr_Vents2

Herr_Vents2
  • Forum User
  • 283 posts

You shouldn't be worrying about what model other people that you don't even know may or may not think your car is, get what ever colour you think looks the best! Don't choose a colour just so strangers might notice that you're in an ST!

Chances are that even an ST in one of the ST specific colours won't make it stand out as an ST to the vast majority of people on the road as they won't know what model of Fiesta's available in which colours anyway.

I'm a right two-faced git, me.  I always tell myself I don't care what cars look like, or give a monkeys about colour - it's just when I'm actually given a choice, I stress about making one I regret.  When I used to buy used stuff, it never bothered me.  I used to want a very particular spec BM, and I'd match the spec and whatever colour it came in, it came in.  I wasn't bothered.  

Chazbangwallop

Chazbangwallop
  • Forum User
  • 237 posts

Maybe you're living in an area disproportionately populated by Ford fans - wheels aside it looks very much like a Fiesta... :)  Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I find the idea of anyone other than the owners of our well honed, slightly obsessed eyes getting a fluttery heart over one.  When I saw three slightly grubby ones on a forecourt amongst all the other blue oval mundanities they looked a bit anonymous.

But I don't necessarily want to stick out, I just wish it had a little signature design bit somewhere that was a bit more its own.

Im not talking about the looks. Im talking about the sound

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moondust, silver, colour