Top Gear Series 27 - Media | Sport | TV & Film - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Top Gear Series 27

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

West4394

West4394
  • Forum User
  • 1401 posts
What are your thoughts about the new presenters?

Tommy20

Tommy20
  • Forum User
  • 81 posts
One thing I will say is that Chris looks like he is having a right laugh in this and it seems genuine fun where as some of the stuff with Leblanc even in the trailers which are always the funniest stuff was obviously scripted and hopefully Chris does the more serious driving of the cars and reviews and they have just let paddy and Freddie :censored: about

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23050 posts
@Tommy20 please don't bypass the swear filter by using asterisks etc, ta :)

I saw the trailer for this yesterday and will give it a go seeing as Harris is still in it. Who knows, it might actually be okay, last season was (in my opinion). I liked LeBlanc's humour and delivery.

Hey ho, the more car shows the better.

Tommy20

Tommy20
  • Forum User
  • 81 posts
Harris and LeBlanc finally seemed to connect properly last series and the chemistry seemed natural even though the scenes/story was scripted, shame Matt left really because I think it would of kept improving

EvelynInvix

EvelynInvix
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts
I wont accuse you having a troll mentality, but I will say that it seems that you are the one here with a "tenuous grasp on the facts of the matter". What else have you got?

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23050 posts

I wont accuse you having a troll mentality, but I will say that it seems that you are the one here with a "tenuous grasp on the facts of the matter". What else have you got?

Who are you talking to? :lol:

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5876 posts

Who are you talking to? :lol:

?? and more to the point is he ghost writing as by my count he has 1 post yet the counter says 0 

????? Spooky

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23050 posts
Posts in general sections don't get counted.

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5876 posts

ahh, did not know that!

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23050 posts
Wow, that was years back...it does improve, they get shot of Evans.

StBen1989

StBen1989
  • Club Member
  • 323 posts
Anyone see Top Gear tonight?
When they did a challenge of best written off car for less than £6000, I knew a fast Ford would be 1 of them. Didnt expect a mk1 Focus RS though and the punishment it took lol.
Paddy crashed a Diabo as well, bet that wasn't cheap...
Actually find Top Gear watchable again now.
  • AlphaDelta likes this

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1866 posts
Not sure what they do with the cars afterwards but presumably the RS could be sold on again as it seemed to be fixed up OK, at least on the surface, however it sustained a lot more damage than the original insurance write off which wont be on its record.

I noticed they drove a mk6 ST into one of the empty parking spots

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5306 posts
I haven't seen it yet, I'll watch it later but I'm really enjoying watching the show now that Le Blanc has :censored: off. Chris Harris really looks as though he's having fun even with the two children :lmfao:
  • MickyD likes this

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5876 posts

Don't think Matt was that bad it's just he tried to treat it like an episode of Friends following a perfectly written script which doesn't work for this sort of thing and made him look wooden and un-passionate about cars - he improved as the series went on but unfortunately the damage was done....

But the two of them along with Chris H make a really good team that you can see is natural bonding, unforced and doing it in their own style - something missing from all the other seasons since Jeremy and the rest left. I really like the latest couple of series's  :thumbsup:

• ST3spin and AlphaDelta like this

dhindley

dhindley
  • Club Member
  • 263 posts

It was very painful to watch that Mk1 RS given so much punishment, even though it was already written off it was unpleasant watching it get bashed about so much.

I wonder who the owner of the Diablo was, another sad thing to watch. Paddy clearly ran out of talent, finding out the hard way that even partial throttle in 500+ BHP machine with zero driver aids can catch you out.

The Ferrari was the absolute antithesis to the new Ferrari that Chris Harris test drove in the previous episode. Much faster and technologically advanced but he struggled to get excited about. Sometimes newer isn't always better.

Honorable mention to Ally Pally too, magnificent building. Unfortunately the way they badly manage gig entry there makes me hate that place a little bit. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users