Top Gear Series 27 - Page 2 - Media | Sport | TV & Film - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Top Gear Series 27

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta
  • Club Member
  • 107 posts

For it me last night was one of the best episodes in ages. Great classic super cars, Flintoff attempting 200mph in an XJ220, Focus RS back from the dead with Harris sliding it around, great challenge and the wall of death finale topped it off. I wasn't sure about the banter in the 1st series it seemed to verge on bullying of Harris but it seems it's all good and the chemistry is there now.

Paddy clearly ran out of talent, finding out the hard way that even partial throttle in 500+ BHP machine with zero driver aids can catch you out.

This is where you can see the difference between Harris and the other 2. If you're going to put your foot down on a damp road in a 30yr old supercar you better know what you're doing!

• ST3spin likes this

K17chy

K17chy
  • Club Member
  • 154 posts
Apparently the RS strut turrets collapsed doing the wall if death. Checked on the DVLA and there's no tax or test records.

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23050 posts
I have enjoyed Top Gear since The Grand Tour started... After Chris Evans left!

Thought Le Blanc was funny too, very dry humour.
  • dhindley likes this

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5306 posts
I'd love one of those Mk1 RS :wub:

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23050 posts
Just watched ep.2, Flintoff has some balls on him haha

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5306 posts

Just watched ep.2, Flintoff has some balls on him haha

As he said himself, he knew what was at the end of the runway :lol:
  • MickyD likes this

Nige t

Nige t
  • Club Member
  • 83 posts
I really like the top gear presenter line up, they've got it just right, good chemistry and plenty of banter between them.
  • MickyD likes this

Tim

Tim
  • Club Member
  • 1603 posts
  • Tim
  • North pole

I think Paddy needs to wind himself in a bit then it would be more enjoyable. He's too much 'look at me, I'm the famous one that's been on telly more than you two' . He's trying to be the Clarkson, the lead role, but he doesn't suit it. These three should all do it equally, that works well during the challenges features, just not the presenting on stage part.

Other than that, am enjoying this series, looks good. Plus the lack of guests section isn't being missed!

• MickyD likes this

StBen1989

StBen1989
  • Club Member
  • 323 posts
I think going forward during the summer series, how they are presenting at the moment with the crowd and their cars is actually how it should be done.

coilkat

coilkat
  • Club Member
  • 231 posts

I must admit I stopped watching the episode after the focus RS got a bit trashed in the car park, I really wanted it to survive that and it was obvious Chris didn't want to get it damaged.

And Paddy in the Diablo, not quite sure if that was him not being sensible or not? Granted a RWD supercar with no driver aids is probably a bit of a handful, but I kinda get the feeling he's not as sensible as the other two :laughing:

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23050 posts
The Focus got repaired :thumbsup:
  • coilkat likes this

Tim

Tim
  • Club Member
  • 1603 posts
  • Tim
  • North pole

I must admit I stopped watching the episode after the focus RS got a bit trashed in the car park, I really wanted it to survive that and it was obvious Chris didn't want to get it damaged.

And Paddy in the Diablo, not quite sure if that was him not being sensible or not? Granted a RWD supercar with no driver aids is probably a bit of a handful, but I kinda get the feeling he's not as sensible as the other two :laughing:

You're right, he's not, he's been added as a head presenter based on his telly-presence to try and boost the ratings. The same way they tried it with Chris Evans and then Matt le Blanc.

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5876 posts

You're right, he's not, he's been added as a head presenter based on his telly-presence to try and boost the ratings. The same way they tried it with Chris Evans and then Matt le Blanc.

I don't think he is less sensible than the other two, maybe the other ONE!!!! I like all of them but Flintoff is one of those people who's brains are slightly miss-wired so they don't comprehend danger in the same way as normal people do... which can be dangerous taking the 220 over the braking limit line just to make 200 mph but not actually understanding how that extra 5-10 mph + less braking distance + possible faults/errors + potential serious consequences (not worried about him but the rare 220 :cry: ) ... but all the same funny  :laughing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users