Attempted theft saved by my Stoplock - Fiesta ST MK7 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Attempted theft saved by my Stoplock

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
Car found in middle of car park, drivers door wide open and engine running Attached File  IMG_20191019_153057.jpg   147.24KB   13 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20191019_151253.jpg   197.38KB   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20191019_151247.jpg   413.85KB   5 downloads
  • terry300577, Fast H and MickyD like this

maxxoutput

maxxoutput
  • Club Member
  • 1221 posts
Bloody hell, thats mad.Was there a 200 pound gorilla pulling on that !!

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Forum User
  • 1315 posts

Proof that the more different security devices you have the harder it is for thieves, Ford security alone is not enough.

• Brettles likes this

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
Indeed, anything that makes it more difficult the better

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5903 posts

........and proof that stopcocks, diskloks etc can protect a car if they are actually used and not stored in the boot but declared as fitted if the insurance ask..........

:thumbsup:

Coops1984

Coops1984
  • Club Member
  • 92 posts

Sorry it happened to you.  It's shocking that people will still try even with visible deterrents.  Will you be getting anything else added like immobiliser/alarm?

K17chy

K17chy
  • Club Member
  • 155 posts
How the hell have they managed to rip the steering wheel off 😮

Coops1984

Coops1984
  • Club Member
  • 92 posts

How the hell have they managed to rip the steering wheel off

Maybe the steering wheel was tied to something, car was driven forwards and it levered off?  Bit extreme but wondering why get the engine started and drive it forward a few feet?

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
At the time the car park was full, I'm thinking they've moved it out of the bay to get more room to really try and bend the stoplock. Instead the steering wheel has bent and then backing plate has snapped off. They left everything, expensive sunglasses and my dashcam that was in the armrest

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23069 posts
Aah man, that must have been gutting to return to see!

Some absolute scum out there in this world, protected by "human rights"...

Hope you get it sorted soon.
  • NeilST230, jase_llan and Voxat like this

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
Forgot to mention the £2 OBD port cover which may have just added that little bit of frustration and time.hopefully there's no other damage to the steering column and its just a new steering wheel and window

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Forum User
  • 1315 posts

Forgot to mention the £2 OBD port cover which may have just added that little bit of frustration and time.hopefully there's no other damage to the steering column and its just a new steering wheel and window

and immobiliser, there’s lots to choose from....

maxxoutput

maxxoutput
  • Club Member
  • 1221 posts
Might also have damaged the clock spring also check the door lock with your manual key just in case they have mullered it internally even though they went through the window.

Next time go with a disclock as they might put the would be thief off more due to more sturdy design and build. The stop lock definitely did its job though !

dread123

dread123
  • Forum User
  • 28 posts

i have same lock on mine- along with upgraded cat 2-1 alarm and  immoilbiser upgrade and tracker...thats a lot of damage!! pray that if that happens to mine the alarm etc scares them off. good luck gettin it fixed and dont forget to upgrade secuirty

• stuart1978 likes this

Matt ST2

Matt ST2
  • Club Member
  • 380 posts

:unsure: Good job you had it on as it has saved your car.

Have seen on Stolen Cars UK a white Golf parked in a car park, a low loader pull up and drags it on to the back of it and drives off.

No car is safe !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users