Attempted theft saved by my Stoplock - Page 2 - Fiesta ST MK7 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Attempted theft saved by my Stoplock

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Coops1984

Coops1984
  • Club Member
  • 100 posts

:unsure: Good job you had it on as it has saved your car.

Have seen on Stolen Cars UK a white Golf parked in a car park, a low loader pull up and drags it on to the back of it and drives off.
No car is safe !

Thats terrible. I just hope that people see a flashing alarm led and think it could be linked to a tracker.

Speaking of having the car towed, friend of mine showed me this article he saw in his local paper.

https://www.southwal...pped-for-parts/

coilkat

coilkat
  • Club Member
  • 248 posts

At the time the car park was full, I'm thinking they've moved it out of the bay to get more room to really try and bend the stoplock. Instead the steering wheel has bent and then backing plate has snapped off. They left everything, expensive sunglasses and my dashcam that was in the armrest

I can't believe they had the nerve to steal it in a full car park! Obviously didn't care if someone spotted them.

I hope like you say it's only the wheel and window.

terry300577

terry300577
  • Forum User
  • 732 posts

That's mental, they had the brains to get the car started but what were they thinking they were doing with the lock?  If they were not bothered about being seen and had any brains there are far easier ways to remove that lock with substantially less damage. Maybe they were only trying to bend it forward so they could drive with it on until they got the car somewhere they could work on removing it with no damage to the car or the wheel.   

Hope it gets sorted quick and its only the wheel and window which needs sorting..

Make sure to relocate the OBD or at least secure it, then get an aftermarket alarm fitted and tracker. oh and a new steering wheel lock  

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
No brains, opportunists probably. The car is in for repair at the moment. I'm not sure what the future holds for me and the Fez
  • Coops1984 likes this

jack5255

jack5255
  • Forum User
  • 51 posts
Scumbags... whereabouts was this Brettles?

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
Blackburn Lancs, not a great area but I've parked there on match days for at least 10 years without issue

NeilST230

NeilST230
  • Forum User
  • 531 posts

this is shocking 

sterner penalties for those that might get caught have to be implemented 

I hope you get it sorted mate 

Cat Power

Cat Power
  • Club Member
  • 438 posts

I've been saying it for years and its a sad but true fact..............we are living in the 'wild west' and it's a free for all to do what ever you like.

The punishment dealt out for 'first offenders' is pathetic so you will always have all sorts if crime in the UK and with more and more illegal  'visitors' to our shores it is going to get a lot worse.

I'm age 73 and crime, aggressive driving etc has never been as bad as this and the sad thing is that most younger people thing this is normal. At least when i visit European cities (frequently) I see lots of Police and more importantly the sort you wouldn't want to mess with.

• Steve, Matt ST2, Jamie1234 and 2 others like this

Oddie007

Oddie007
  • Forum User
  • 10 posts
Wow, gutted for you brettles, lived in Blackburn for 20yrs, its definitely gone downhill recently, too many druggies and thieving :censored: around now. Glad I moved before I got my ST. Hope you get it sorted mate

Coops1984

Coops1984
  • Club Member
  • 100 posts

No brains, opportunists probably. The car is in for repair at the moment. I'm not sure what the future holds for me and the Fez

Dont let the bullies win. Two people I work with replaced their stolen fiestas with more ordinary cars and they say that they feel like they have too, with a reluctant tone to their voice.

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
The car is 5 years old, I've had it over 4 years with no previous issues and I've no intention of getting rid right now. Love the car and my money is needed elsewhere anyway. Its still in the bodyshop as the parts needed are on back order.

13twelve

13twelve
  • Club Member
  • 494 posts
  • Mike

@Brettles I'm sorry to hear about this - especially as its a bit too close to home. Hopefully your car is fixed and returned to you soon..

@Oddie007 this last couple of years it feels like there is a renewed life and energy in Blackburn - I prefer it now to 10 years ago.

@Cat Power the assertion that crime and immigration have any link is nonsense and frankly sounds like inflammatory Daily Express rhetoric; crime levels in the UK have generally been falling for years, there is no evidence to suggest increased immigration (legal or illegal) alters crime rates and UK crime levels are on par with crime levels around our European and international peers. 

Slight tangent: The Wild West wasn't particularly lawless, violent or even particularly far west; thats just a myth propagated by Hollywood to make movies. And, co-incidentally the worlds first "Wild West" movie was apparently shot in Blackburn in 1899.

• Stitch likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23175 posts
I wouldn't say it's nonsense. All you need to do is watch an episode of Traffic Cops to see the ethnicity of most of the criminals.

Now in no way am I saying immigration is a bad thing, nor that White British people don't commit crime or saying all other ethnicities do. Nor do I side with the Daily Mail/Express as they are very right winged and borderline racist.

All I am saying is, there is some sort of link for sure.

stl1

stl1
  • Club Member
  • 128 posts

I wouldn't say it's nonsense. All you need to do is watch an episode of Traffic Cops to see the ethnicity of most of the criminals.

Now in no way am I saying immigration is a bad thing, nor that White British people don't commit crime or saying all other ethnicities do. Nor do I side with the Daily Mail/Express as they are very right winged and borderline racist.

All I am saying is, there is some sort of link for sure.

Not sure I agree with this. Perhaps the police focus on pulling over ethnic groups over white groups, or perhaps the police focus on crime in poorer areas, which unfortunately often coincides with non-British populations. Perhaps these ethnic groups are not the cause but the effect? 

Remember that it's actually been proven time and time again that immigrants are less likely to commit crime or use public services as much as nationals. I think it's dangerous to keep spouting out this right wing rhetoric when it was never true in the first place. 

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23175 posts
They're not just random pulls, they're known offenders or they speed off when they so much as even see a police car.

Anyway, digressing to a whole other world from the OP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users