Attempted theft saved by my Stoplock - Page 3 - Fiesta ST MK7 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Attempted theft saved by my Stoplock

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

terry300577

terry300577
  • Forum User
  • 732 posts

They're not just random pulls, they're known offenders or they speed off when they so much as even see a police car.

Anyway, digressing to a whole other world from the OP.

Maybe we are only being shown specific types of offenders on TV Shows etc to condition our minds into thinking that ethnic groups commit more crimes  :holloween:  :holloween:  :ninja:  :ninja:

• stl1 and Stitch like this

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6129 posts

I agree with both side of the argument, I don't think every immigrant is a lowlife but I think there are a fair few people who have come into this country and committed crimes. I have seen it first hand in places like Wisbech, I have also seen on the local news  (not the large politically orientated bog rolls) and been caught up in aftermath on my commute, the number of drug and fake vodka distilleries, dog fighting around the East of England. To deny that there is any change due to immigration is to some extent bury your head in the sand.

When the question gets asked though "why blame them when the places they have moved from have very low levels of crime ergo they can't be any worse than us" is a bit of a misleading one as if anyone asking that question has spent a fair portion of their career travelling the world you will realise the way the police act, how they are armed and what they consider justifiable force are hugely different in many of these countries to the uk...

An animal in nature lives to the environment, it takes only what it needs fearful that natures predators could swoop at any time....

When you move that animal to a new habitat where suddenly the threat has changed, were the predator is weak, does it still do as it has all its life...

...or does it (like a fox in a chicken coup) take advantage of the bounty put at its feet...

• Cat Power and Stforfun like this

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
Not sure WTF happened to my post, however still no car, waiting for parts such as a new airbag. So stuck with a 1.0 Skoda fabia. I've lived in Blackburn for 30 years and other than having my wheelie bin pinched this is the first time I've been a victim of crime. Anyone knowing the area would know there is a high level of people living here who origins are none Anglo Saxon, just like me. End of the day it's a Ford Fiesta with laughable level of security, at a guess it was an opportunists attempt to steal it that had been successful for a while elsewhere , but then thwarted by a bit of plastic and metal that is a Stoplock.
  • terry300577 and Al-P like this

13twelve

13twelve
  • Club Member
  • 494 posts
  • Mike

All I am saying is, there is some sort of link for sure.

Might feel that way, but its not backed up by any statistics. Its that whole "perception != facts" thing again I think. Heh but I agree, its a super tangent from OP. 

@Brettles have they told you when you're getting it back? Who is the repair garage?

Ordainedduke

Ordainedduke
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts
I've got a disclock handbrake/gearstick lock obd altered and I'm getting a hidden kill switch..all this so I can drive my OWN car
  • Steve likes this

rh03den

rh03den
  • Forum User
  • 7 posts
You lucky there
Ive Seen there new trick on a disklok where they chop the handle of in seconds and fill the back with expanding foam to stop the disklok spinning so they can drive with it on

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6129 posts

You lucky there
Ive Seen there new trick on a disklok where they chop the handle of in seconds and fill the back with expanding foam to stop the disklok spinning so they can drive with it on

I could imagine this would work but it would certainly attract the attention of other road users and police, I don't know anyone who does not glance across at the car overtaking/ being overtook on dual carriageways....

Liner33

Liner33
  • Forum User
  • 121 posts
  • Richard
  • Berkshire

It takes seconds to remove a disklock with the right tools but as this proves the more you can add the better  

thearbiter65

thearbiter65
  • Forum User
  • 100 posts

I find it hard to believe that some are using a tv show ‘traffic cops’ as evidence that immigration and crime have a link . Saying that, after watching the new series of the purge, I’m not going to America ever! 

sorry to hear about your car though mate.

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
Nearly a month and still waiting for the car. Last update they had a few issues removing and changing the stearing column

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5466 posts

Nearly a month and still waiting for the car. Last update they had a few issues removing and changing the stearing column

Sounds more like they keep putting your car to side while they do other stuff, shouldn't be taking that long however many issues they have.

Brettles

Brettles
  • Forum User
  • 17 posts
Car delivered back today and stoplock straight back on. Looks alot better than the last time I saw it, with its brand new steering wheel and window.
  • terry300577, 13twelve, K3FUS and 2 others like this

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5466 posts

Car delivered back today and stoplock straight back on. Looks alot better than the last time I saw it, with its brand new steering wheel and window.

Pleased it's all sorted, just a shame it took so long. :)
  • MickyD likes this

TheOrangeFiesta

TheOrangeFiesta
  • Forum User
  • 108 posts
  • Chris
  • Devon

Glad you got it back and it's all okay now.  :nice:

They also have OBD locks if you've not got anything to deter theft from that area? 

https://www.ebay.co....ce/202648304332

Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly
  • Forum User
  • 92 posts

Glad you got it back and it's all okay now.  :nice:

They also have OBD locks if you've not got anything to deter theft from that area? 

https://www.ebay.co....ce/202648304332

Do you know if this one definitely fits the Mk8? I messaged the seller and he wasn't much help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users