• Forum User
  • 73 posts

Hi Guys

KevC

KevC
  • Club Member
  • 497 posts
  • Ireland

You're not really missing any oppotunity. That isn't a once in a lifetime offer. You'll be able to buy one new/used for years to come, it's a Fiesta at the end of the day. I would tend to lean to the cautious side with these things and prefer to get rid of any debt before making another commitment. The final decision obviously comes down to you though, whether it's worth it to you or not.

alexp999

alexp999
  • Forum User
  • 1096 posts
  • Dorset, UK

There will always be offers to be had, don't rush in to it just because you feel it's a good deal.

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1195 posts
223 per month sounds very cheap to me. Is there a catch? How many years is that for? Also is £8k per year going to be enough?

alexp999

alexp999
  • Forum User
  • 1096 posts
  • Dorset, UK

You've said you are 1500 negative equity, are you having to pay £1500 plus the £223 deposit?

Deals can be dressed up however the dealer wants, there is a cost to change, they could give you an amazing price of the new one and a rubbish price for your part-ex, or vice-versa makes no difference if cost to change is the same

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5362 posts
Would it not be better getting one that's 9-12months old?
  • Slipmesomeskin likes this

George.W1995

George.W1995
  • Forum User
  • 73 posts
No

Luke_77

Luke_77
  • Club Member
  • 2108 posts
@George.W1995

YOLO
  • KenL likes this

StiggyTheST

StiggyTheST
  • Club Member
  • 926 posts
The ST with the PP is hands down the most fun car I've ever owned and is also a great daily driver. Nearly 40mpg and makes me smile everytime I drive it.

It runs rings round a Cooper S & TT so go for it.
  • KenL and Defender like this

George.W1995

George.W1995
  • Forum User
  • 73 posts
I

Cupracing

Cupracing
  • Forum User
  • 51 posts
You will be paying £10,700 over that 38 month period. I assume the end value is around 9-10k. Sounds about right to me, not a brilliant deal for an st2 in my opinion . If you want to save money buy a slightly used one where the vat has been wiped off the price.

I think you could get a better px for your car as well

George.W1995

George.W1995
  • Forum User
  • 73 posts
i

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1195 posts
Interest rate may be much higher on a used car, watch out for that.

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1195 posts
I am paying £279 for a basic ST2 but 12k per year.

That deal is a bargain and anyone who pays less has been very fortunate indeed.

When I was looking in Jube the price on ford website with £1000 finance contribution was £329 per month for a basic ST2. So £100 less than that with the diff is amazing.

Is the car pre registered? That is something to watch out for!

Cupracing

Cupracing
  • Forum User
  • 51 posts

I'd only be paying £8931 over that period as my negative equity has nothing to do with the current ST-2 deal. I made a bad decision with the Audi TT and had to add on 1.5k worth of finance. We can remove the 1.5k really from the equation as they are giving me what I paid back for the 09 fiesta, just making me pay my negative equity off from a previous deal nothing to do with them.

Sorry my mistake you are paying £10931. Whether you like it or not £2k of your money for your existing px is going towards the car

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users