Induction kit with or without chip tuning? - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Induction kit with or without chip tuning?

ramair induction kit chip tuning fiesta st150 mk6

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

lxu46

lxu46
  • Forum User
  • 52 posts

Hi guys. I`ve installed the Ramair induction kit on my mk6 and it doesn`t feel anything different. So like the title says :) do I need to change the software? I`ve read somewhere that the car will learn how to use the new induction kit after a few km and it doesn`t need the software change. Is that true?

Thank you!

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5363 posts
The induction kit itself won't give you much, I wouldn't have thought there would be enough for you to notice anyway. :)

lxu46

lxu46
  • Forum User
  • 52 posts

I drove one with a K&N cone filter and it feels faster than mine:) not by much. Mine now has 15 rims with winter tires, The other ST had 17 rims also with winter tires, i don`t know that the rims had an impact or something :)

lxu46

lxu46
  • Forum User
  • 52 posts

Andy2174

Andy2174
  • Club Member
  • 47 posts
  • Andy
  • Hertfordshire

How easy was it to fit the Ramair kit ?

Currently looking an induction kit, however, I dont have a jack or axle stands and removing the lower resonator box looks to be impossible without these ?

###simon###

###simon###
  • Club Member
  • 2400 posts
  • Bishops Cleeve

Currently looking an induction kit, however, I dont have a jack or axle stands and removing the lower resonator box looks to be impossible without these ?

Can all be done from the top.

lxu46

lxu46
  • Forum User
  • 52 posts

It was easy. It comes with a step by step instructions. The only thing i couldn`t remove was the intake scoop. The bolts were really rusted and i couldn`t find the right screwdriver head.

NemesisST

NemesisST
  • Club Member
  • 237 posts
  • Matt
  • Thurrock

Can all be done from the top.

^^^^

Removing all of the old plastic also provides better access and anchor points for feeding your air hoses :nice:

The new filter combined with an better exhaust flexi pipe will make the car feel less throttled higher up the revs but the filter on its own is mostly about the nice induction noise and getting rid of the heaps of plastic from the stock filter.

No need for a remap unless you're making bigger changes to the engine such as cams and/or inlet manifold etc. It's more a necessary evil for us N/A folk. Remaps are only real fun for our turbo cousins.

lxu46

lxu46
  • Forum User
  • 52 posts

For now the only mods i have are a muffler- Sebring Hot Steel and the Ramair induction kit.  In the near future i want to buy a manifold or Scorpion or Milltek. And after that i want to get the Dreamscience iMap. I don`t want to change the cams.

###simon###

###simon###
  • Club Member
  • 2400 posts
  • Bishops Cleeve

Manifold, induction and full exhaust with a DS map will see 175bhp every time. Great mods and will transform the car.

• jase_llan likes this

lxu46

lxu46
  • Forum User
  • 52 posts

i don`t know about the full exhaust because in my country the police has a problem with the exhaust sound :) The muffler i had right now has a silencer. With the silencer it`s ok at low rpm and it has a nice sound in car. Without the silancer it sounds like a WRC car, pop and bangs like crazy and you just can`t drive like that because it`s very very loud in the car.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ramair, induction kit, chip tuning, fiesta st150, mk6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users