Dampers - Fiesta ST MK8 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Dampers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

michael2

michael2
  • Forum User
  • 6 posts

OSR Damper leaking, tail gate damper or dampers jamming when shutting , 10,000 miles.

MarksST

MarksST
  • Club Member
  • 5781 posts
  • Mark
  • West Sussex

OSR Damper leaking, tail gate damper or dampers jamming when shutting , 10,000 miles.

Ok, call a dealer and get them to look at it.

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5423 posts
Is this just one damper (strut) or are you mentioning multiple failures such as boot strut and suspension shock???? If it’s just the boot strut it should simply be a warranty replacement, these struts do sometimes fail which is why I have said a few times I don’t trust them on bonnets unless they incorporate some form of mechanical lock build in...

Richyharrison04

Richyharrison04
  • Club Member
  • 464 posts

Yep, my tailgate one is jamming. Will get it sorted. 12k miles

michael2

michael2
  • Forum User
  • 6 posts

Yes it is going back 29th may for first service and get the problems sorted,was in the first week i got it.

Whole dash out to remove sticky automotive tape on the blower motor, Then back to get the right hand book twice

Dash lights staying on after locking it,some times around 2,3 hours?. other wise happy with car.

michael2

michael2
  • Forum User
  • 6 posts

Is this just one damper (strut) or are you mentioning multiple failures such as boot strut and suspension shock???? If it’s just the boot strut it should simply be a warranty replacement, these struts do sometimes fail which is why I have said a few times I don’t trust them on bonnets unless they incorporate some form of mechanical lock build in...

Just the nsr damper. only once so far. The tail gate dampers seem to jam some times when closing have way down?

Thepowerfulpotato

Thepowerfulpotato
  • Club Member
  • 183 posts

Just the nsr damper. only once so far. The tail gate dampers seem to jam some times when closing have way down?

When you say jamming, do you mean it won't go past a certain point or it just kinda sits there. Because I've found on all the mk8s I've driven, more than any other car that it's really easy to close the boot with just enough force to get it to stick halfway. I don't muck about now and give it a good yank with the handle on the inside to make sure it closes.

Liner33

Liner33
  • Club Member
  • 113 posts
  • Richard
  • Berkshire

Funnily enough mine did this yesterday , struggled to shut the tailgate the offside one was sticking. Bit of silicone spray seemed to sort it 

• Richyharrison04 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users