Future Fiesta ST150 Build - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Future Fiesta ST150 Build

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ellisturner99

Ellisturner99
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
Hi guys, I'm new here but I couldn't think of anywhere better to ask for advice and opinions. So the situation is that I currently have a MK3 Renault *Cough* Clio, I know... The time has come to start saving up for a Fezzy ST150 which I have loved since I was a young 'un.
My 2 questions for you guys is do I go for the pre-facelift or the facelift model?
Second question would be what modifications would be worthwhile to the car?
My idea at the minute for mods are the following;
Milltek 4-2-1 Manifold
Milltek Hi-flow Sport Cat
Milltek Resonated Catback w/ Black Tips
Cold Air Intake e.g (K&N or Powerflow)
Remap To account for Exhaust and Intake
Stereo Mod such as touchscreen din

What are your reccomendations please?

I deeply apologise that this is a lengthy read, I really appreciate you taking the time to read this noob post😂

mart.

mart.
  • Club Member
  • 279 posts
Welcome aboard.

Facelift in my opinion. But its all personal preference. And ideally one that the EGR has been removed which I think was 06 onwards

Pretty sure there are guides on here regarding mods as its been done to death.

With those mods you wouldnt feel much difference with a map only until you have cams do you generally need a map.

Milltek is a good brand so cant go wrong there and same again on air filter. Some people also like ram air or mountune if you want to pay more. Take a look on YouTube see what sound you want.

You dont seem to have anything in relation to suspension or braking. Thats where Id be going first. And a decent service and set of tyres.

Personally Id also get a short shifter. With mountune the go to.
  • Ellisturner99 likes this

###simon###

###simon###
  • Club Member
  • 2302 posts
  • Bishops Cleeve

With basic mods and a remap you’re should see 175bhp ish, so it’s worth spending the pennies.

Ellisturner99

Ellisturner99
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
Thank you so much Mart for taking the time to steer me in the right direction, I greatly appreciate that! I shall have a look at upgrading suspension and braking components! I'm just trying to not everything down so as soon as I purchase the car, I can instantly start tweaking it to become how I feel it should've been in the first place. I love seeing the little fezzys about but I really want to be behind the wheel of one😂 Thank you Simon for your input! It's nice to know there's genuinely nice people to help out. Stay safe guys :)

Sam_Lougher

Sam_Lougher
  • Club Member
  • 102 posts
Im running the Focus ST170 setup on mine. 300mm on the Front and 280mm on the rears. For the Fronts all you need to do is open the clearance Holes on the Hubs from M10 clearance to M12 and the Focus ST170 setup will bolt straight on with the Focus ST170 300mm Discs. For the rear you only need to get a Focus ST170 Carrier as it bolts straight onto the Calliper and Hub. And of course the 280mm Focus ST170 Rear Discs.

mart.

mart.
  • Club Member
  • 279 posts
As Sam says thats a popular choice and also what I have on mine. Trouble is finding ST170 calipers. If you want to keep standard size then a decent set of pads and discs will be a good start.

Polybushing tired components is also a good way to go.
  • Sam_Lougher likes this

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1757 posts
Mondeo front calipers seem to be easier to source but then the pad choices are a bit less / more expensive in my experience.
  • jase_llan and Sam_Lougher like this

Ellisturner99

Ellisturner99
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
I may go down that route, that's the problem with parts, so many options to choose from😂 Thank you guys

Sam_Lougher

Sam_Lougher
  • Club Member
  • 102 posts
No problem! As Jimmy has mentioned, the Mondeo ST Callipers also work a treat but pad options are far more limited as apposed to the ST170 setup. However, I’m pretty sure the EBC range are available for the Mondeo Callipers which are more than ample for a road going Car unless you have plans to use the Car on circuit.

###simon###

###simon###
  • Club Member
  • 2302 posts
  • Bishops Cleeve

It’s any mk3 Mondeo that you can get the callipers off, the reason for going the st170 route is for ease of change. I’ve done both ways although on different cars and personally thought there was more feel in the brakes using the original callipers rather than the Mondeo. 
don’t quote me on this but I believe the Mondeo callipers have a slightly larger piston than the st150/170 brakes which is probably the reason for the lack of pad choice.

the rear swap is a little more involved as you need to replace the stone shield as well as the carriers although new ones can be found at the same sort of pennies as the used ones.

• Sam_Lougher likes this

Ellisturner99

Ellisturner99
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
That's pretty solid information that,I shall dig deeper into the ST170/Mondeo brake set up, you should've seen the brakes on my Clio,takes me about 3 decades to stop😂😂😂

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users