Performance Edition Exhaust Valve Problem - Fiesta ST MK8 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Performance Edition Exhaust Valve Problem

Performance Edition Exhaust Mk8 Fiesta ST

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Northy2510

Northy2510
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts
My performance edition, which is coming up to 7 months old, has started producing a rather horrible metallic vibration in the exhaust. This only occurs in normal mode, leading me to suspect that its the valve - it occurs most prominently under light throttle pressure when idling. It sounds like the whole exhaust chamber is vibrating although Im certain its the valve either not closing or rapidly opening/closing. Car is booked in next week as my wheel arch liner has started coming away so will notify them of this extra on the day. My local garage unfortunately arent very willing to help normally so just wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue and if theyve managed to get this fixed?

BrianTheSnail

BrianTheSnail
  • Club Member
  • 71 posts

I never use Normal mode ;) 

Get them to check the rear exhaust tips, mines 10 months old and the drivers side Rear tips is Corroding badly compare to the near side tip. 

Manny

Manny
  • Club Member
  • 203 posts

Get them to check the rear exhaust tips, mines 10 months old and the drivers side Rear tips is Corroding badly compare to the near side tip. 

Corroding after 10 months?

Madpig

Madpig

<3 Blue

• Club Member
  • 4038 posts
  • John
  • Leicestershire

Normal mode......what's that? :whistle:

Seriously though, sounds like you need to get that checked out pdq.

• PPHFiestaST likes this

Jason70

Jason70
  • Club Member
  • 237 posts
  • Jason
  • Kent

Sorry to hear about the corrosion on your exhaust, but I am glad you have confirmed it as I said on here that I have seen a photo of a year old exhaust with corrosion, and got absolutely slated by someone.

• KenL and ryanmis like this

StiggyTheST

StiggyTheST
  • Club Member
  • 677 posts

Sorry to hear about the corrosion on your exhaust, but I am glad you have confirmed it as I said on here that I have seen a photo of a year old exhaust with corrosion, and got absolutely slated by someone.

Feel free to share the photo as I'm intrigued to see how bad this corrosion really is???

Gary56

Gary56
  • Forum User
  • 91 posts
That’s shocking build quality

Lee Evans

Lee Evans
  • Club Member
  • 354 posts
  • Lee
  • South Wales
There was a little rust on mine i noticed when i chopped it off the other day i'd hardly call it badly corroded or shocking build quality its mild steel it's expected IMO

I'd be shocked if i saw one rotton and falling off :lol:

There was a little rust on mine i noticed when i chopped it off the other day i'd hardly call it badly corroded or shocking build quality its mild steel it's expected IMO
I'd be shocked if i saw one rotton and falling off :lol:

Stones could hit it etc causing issues thats why its a wear and tear item?

Jason70

Jason70
  • Club Member
  • 237 posts
  • Jason
  • Kent

Feel free to share the photo as I'm intrigued to see how bad this corrosion really is???

Join the facebook group and search for it, along with photos of leaking shocks.

StiggyTheST

StiggyTheST
  • Club Member
  • 677 posts

Join the facebook group and search for it, along with photos of leaking shocks.

Not on Failbook but if your trying to prove something a picture that allegedly exists usually helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Performance Edition, Exhaust, Mk8 Fiesta ST

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users