• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Stotts

Stotts
  • Forum User
  • 9 posts
  • West mids

Hi All,

So bit the bullet today and ordered an St2, currently got a 140ps fiesta, miss the extra punch as I had a focus st estate. 

Thinking of getting performance air filter, do they make any more performance or induction noise. Can anyone recommend one? Had k&n’s before on a cone.

Stotts

Richyharrison04

Richyharrison04
  • Club Member
  • 464 posts
It's very marginal mate.

If you're looking for more induction noise there are plenty of options - Airtec, ITG etc...

I've done a bit of research on panel filters and personally I'm just sticking with the OEM one despite having a stage 1 remap...I'd go for an Induction kit if I was truly wanting to complement the map and get some more induction noise though.

It's worth getting your membership so you can see all the technical threads however, as there are multiple ones which will help you on this, not to mention all the other topics.

Absolutely pays for itself - good luck and welcome!

Stotts

Stotts
  • Forum User
  • 9 posts
  • West mids

It's very marginal mate.

If you're looking for more induction noise there are plenty of options - Airtec, ITG etc...

I've done a bit of research on panel filters and personally I'm just sticking with the OEM one despite having a stage 1 remap...I'd go for an Induction kit if I was truly wanting to complement the map and get some more induction noise though.

It's worth getting your membership so you can see all the technical threads however, as there are multiple ones which will help you on this, not to mention all the other topics.

Absolutely pays for itself - good luck and welcome!

Ok, thanks for info, it’s appreciated 

• Richyharrison04 likes this

Vehementi

Vehementi
  • Forum User
  • 28 posts

There's huge debate over performance air filters. If you google it, you'll get a pretty damn long list about the comparisons between K&N etc etc. But in a nutshell, it's a trade off between air flow/filtration. 

Some performance air filters offer better airflow at the expense of filtration, others offer better filtration at the expense of airflow. It's all down to what you are wanting and the material that said filters are made of. 

As for mods itself. Mountune do a replacement throttle body which improves response apparently (I say apparently as it's a matter of opinion if you notice a difference or not). If you look up totalbiff on youtube, he installs one on his Fiesta and looks at the difference between OEM and Mountune.

• Richyharrison04 likes this

DarrenST

DarrenST
  • Club Member
  • 254 posts
I think you'll see zero gain in power and a bit of noise unless you go full induction kit. I don't think ITG have a kit out yet but that made decent gains on the mk7.

ST32B

ST32B
  • Forum User
  • 69 posts

Can you get a pedal box for the mk8 ST? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)