Silver Fox

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

ST32B

ST32B
  • Forum User
  • 199 posts

Or with red, which is free. 😀

Poorboys black hole polish on red  :thumbsup: it also hides any light swirls! Would be good on Magnetic/black/blue ST's as well. 

This was the S3 after I'd used it:

Attached File  pbbh.JPG   561.49KB   2 downloads

Attached File  pbbh2.JPG   299.16KB   0 downloads

• KenL likes this

Richyharrison04

Richyharrison04
  • Club Member
  • 531 posts
Get whatever colour is your favourite I say....if the match isn't to your Satisfaction, reject the car and find another....

coilkat

coilkat
  • Club Member
  • 221 posts

Interestly, my brother's mk7 fiesta (magnetic grey) has the same issue, although I never noticed it until he pointed it out. Now I always see it!

I've wondered if it's because the main body gets sprayed seperately from the bumpers?

• Richyharrison04 likes this

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1102 posts

True......but red is a pig to match if you need to touch it up :whistle:

Well, I've touched up a couple of chips (as Ford paints seems poor) and match seems OK.

Saw a nice clean ST line in white today. Looked really good.
  • ST32B likes this

ST32B

ST32B
  • Forum User
  • 199 posts

Interestly, my brother's mk7 fiesta (magnetic grey) has the same issue, although I never noticed it until he pointed it out. Now I always see it!

I've wondered if it's because the main body gets sprayed seperately from the bumpers?

Paint takes to the plastic/primer differently than it does on metal, plus the bumpers are probably sprayed in a different factory and shipped in, so colour mix will rarely be 100% match. 

Cupracing

Cupracing
  • Forum User
  • 49 posts

every ford on the forecourt had a mismatch just to different degrees. Metallics show it the most. Paint on plastic vs paint on metal 

Dizzy

Dizzy
  • Forum User
  • 2 posts

Sorry to necro an old thread but I recently tried to order an ST3 in Silver Fox. The dealer told me they couldn’t order in that colour. Usual dealer talking out their bottom I thought so I emailed Ford, this was the email I got back.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Customer Relationship Centre, I hope you are keeping safe and well.

Silver Fox has been removed from the 2021MY line up.  Colours are removed based on market direction & customer preference.   Unfortunately there is no direct replacement for Silver Fox, the remaining colours are still available.

Kind regards
Emma Sadler
Ford Customer Relationship Centre

Makes you wonder if it’s related to the mismatched bumper issue

• Jason70 likes this

Danny1

Danny1
  • Forum User
  • 131 posts
  • Danny
  • Essex

Wow! thats bit of a shock? now all that is left is very dull with only one 'ST' only colour!

Sad news I loved my last Silver Fox best colour imho.

dinklebaga

dinklebaga
  • Club Member
  • 69 posts

Could be another colour coming - maybe the green off the new Puma ST, or bringing Orange Fury in as a standard ST colour like they have on the Focus ST?

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1191 posts

Silver Fox is the best colour by far.... :cool:

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1102 posts

Silver Fox is the best colour by far.... :cool:

Sadly now was the best colour. Pity as it was different.
  • kaxe likes this

stev01

stev01
  • Forum User
  • 15 posts

every ford on the forecourt had a mismatch just to different degrees. Metallics show it the most. Paint on plastic vs paint on metal 

Mine is mismatched but I don't notice. Only looks it from certain angles. Subjective obviously but I think it's the best colour.

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1191 posts

Sadly now was the best colour. Pity as it was different.

Yeah they always discontinue the decent colours!?  :facepalm:  :unsure:

:dry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users