• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 193 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

Anyone looking forward to the release of the latest Gen of Playstation later this year?

There's going to be a Playstation 5 Reveal Event this Thursday 11th June, when i find more details on it i'll post it up here.

There's one particular game that's got me intrested is the Assasins Creed Valhalla, the trailer for it looks emense

What games are lot lot looking forward too?

Also the new Gran Turismo 7 will be out too and might also be revealed at the release event on Thursday.

• gavman84 likes this

NeilDF

NeilDF
  • Club Member
  • 423 posts
  • Neil
  • West Sussex

I am looking forward to this, although still on the fence re this or the new Xbox. I have the Xbox One X (well my son has it now in his room) but I wished I'd bought a PS4 instead. Prefer the exclusives.

Daysleepers

Daysleepers
  • Club Member
  • 210 posts
  • Fred
  • North Essex

I will be getting a PS5, but probably only when a game I must have is out. Launch price will be too steep for my casual gaming. 

GT7, GTA6 will be up there for me. Not a lot else gets me very excited for buy games for £50, so we will see how long I hang on!

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 193 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham
Me and my mates had all the PlayStations since the first PS1, never really looked at the XBox like.

Had the PlayStation 4 since launch and it was starting to show its age end of last year and I sold it and bought a PS4 Pro. Most likely be trading it in with some games or sell it and get some money towards the new one. Im not entirely sure what they going to charge this time like, £450 area do you think?

The new design of the controller looks nice, changed the colour scheme on it too. Looks a bit like a Stormtrooper design.

Having a SSD on this one will make a huge difference in loading times.

Daysleepers

Daysleepers
  • Club Member
  • 210 posts
  • Fred
  • North Essex

Me and my mates had all the PlayStations since the first PS1, never really looked at the XBox like.

Had the PlayStation 4 since launch and it was starting to show its age end of last year and I sold it and bought a PS4 Pro. Most likely be trading it in with some games or sell it and get some money towards the new one. Im not entirely sure what they going to charge this time like, £450 area do you think?

The new design of the controller looks nice, changed the colour scheme on it too. Looks a bit like a Stormtrooper design.

Having a SSD on this one will make a huge difference in loading times.

I think I can probably stomach that price if its the top one, and still lets me use PSVR with it. Seems like that might be optimistic though.

I'm with you though, I have never got on with xbox, the only exclusive I'd like to try is Forza.

gavman84

gavman84
  • Forum User
  • 19 posts

Anyone looking forward to the release of the latest Gen of Playstation later this year?

There's going to be a Playstation 5 Reveal Event this Thursday 11th June, when i find more details on it i'll post it up here.

There's one particular game that's got me intrested is the Assasins Creed Valhalla, the trailer for it looks emense

What games are lot lot looking forward too?

Also the new Gran Turismo 7 will be out too and might also be revealed at the release event on Thursday.

Just watched the trailer there that does look class. Iv only a ps3 at the moment but think ill be getting one of these too. GT7 should look class too id imagine. Hopefully another game like Uncharted or something will come along quickly I love them.

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 193 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

Going from the PS3 to the 5 will be a giganitc leap like. I'll be looking out for GT7 too mainly for the Single player stuff. I went online for a few months but I'm getting too old for competative stuff now. I got the uncharted for nowt on PS+ not sure if it's just the first game or a couple.

The reveal for the PS5 is tonight at 21:00, most likely be on YouTube on Playstation offical channel or on another channel.

• Vehementi likes this

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 193 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

https://youtu.be/RuLci-lSeCo the live video link

on those who are interested 

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 193 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

StBen1989

StBen1989
  • Club Member
  • 333 posts
The clip I saw had Gran Turismo 7 announced but no release date. GT never rushes out, so I wouldn't expect this until maybe 2022.

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 193 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

Yeah, i saw all the live feed last night and the GT7, looks really nice but i think it needed a bit more work. Noticed that track might of been on the previous titles? Saw one video end of 2021 so yeah probs will be 2022.

There's 2 models the std PS5 or you can go for a Digital Edition. I'll be going for the Standard one as i want to play BluRay and sell my games on.

The games i'll be intrested in will be

GT7

GTA

Hitman 3

Horizon

And that Assisins Creed i mentioned

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5905 posts

Looks like they've realised the error of their ways and gone back to a more GT4'esque look on the title screen! :thumbsup:  Hopefully they have also brought back the modifications options that they removed because "the newer players don't understand what these changes do".....

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 193 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

There's going to be a Used Car setion and looks like you can do modifications in the Tuning section. The game will be HUGE

• MickyD likes this

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 193 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

Here's a decent video on what the new Controller is like

KarlS

KarlS
  • Club Member
  • 971 posts

There was a placeholder on Amazon for the PS5 and it was priced at 499.99 Euros (around £445). It was removed quite quickly. I think Microsoft and Sony are waiting for someone to make the first move regarding officially releasing the price. Sony need to remember what happened to the PS3 when they priced that too high on launch and it didn't sell as well as they hoped. 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users