Playstation 5 Console (PS5) - Page 2 - Computer & Technology - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Playstation 5 Console (PS5)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Daysleepers

Daysleepers
  • Club Member
  • 103 posts
  • Fred
  • North Essex

There was a placeholder on Amazon for the PS5 and it was priced at 499.99 Euros (around £445). It was removed quite quickly. I think Microsoft and Sony are waiting for someone to make the first move regarding officially releasing the price. Sony need to remember what happened to the PS3 when they priced that too high on launch and it didn't sell as well as they hoped. 

There was another one on amazon that was listed with 2tb drive for £600. Pretty steep.

They do lose a load of cash on each console at the start, supposedly anyway. The parts inside the PS5 would cost the consumer way more if they were building a PC with equivalent specs. 

KarlS

KarlS
  • Club Member
  • 970 posts

@Daysleepers I agree that is steep. I'll probably just use an external drive if I need any additional storage.

Daysleepers

Daysleepers
  • Club Member
  • 103 posts
  • Fred
  • North Essex

@Daysleepers I agree that is steep. I'll probably just use an external drive if I need any additional storage.

I am just hoping that's possible. I think the SSD is one of the most exciting things about the PS5, so I just hope there is the ability to find something that matches that speed.

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 158 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

Been looking and there's not much information about prices, aparently Sony and Microsoft are having a price war. Wondering when Sony are releasing more informtaion. i'd like to know what the size it so i can fit it under my pc monitor's shelf.

Cat Power

Cat Power
  • Club Member
  • 307 posts
I have only seen it in white.....I'm hoping it will be available in black and perhaps early days but will current PS4 games play on it I winder ?

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 158 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

Yeah, I’ve only seen it in white, looks really nice. Never know they’ll do limited editions where they’ll do different schemes. I saw they might do a different colour controllers like the PS4. 
From what I gather they will be backwards compatible , so PS4 games will play on PS5. Also I saw that some certain games from the PS4 when you play the game the PS5 will give the game a boost in graphics. I think it mentions this on that official release video.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users