Playstation 5 Console (PS5) - Page 3 - Computer & Technology - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Playstation 5 Console (PS5)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

NeilDF

NeilDF
  • Club Member
  • 434 posts
  • Neil
  • West Sussex

The cash I was going to spend on a PS5 I've decided to use for car mods instead! I'll wait for the inevitable "Pro" version next year for a PS5 :)

• Oliver, weedchibe and Sieivajbl like this

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 199 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

Do you think they'll do a Pro version like? I havn't heard anything yet. if they do one, I'll sell the 5 and get it when it releases. How long was it when the PS4 Pro came out after the normal verison, was it about a year?

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23297 posts
Why would they mention it now?

They want to sell this one first. Would have been like Ford releasing the PE but saying, oh by the way, in a few months we'll also be releasing another edition, in blue.

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 199 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

Just a question, for eg on the Apple stuff every year on a new apple release there's always talks ideas for the next gen

NeilDF

NeilDF
  • Club Member
  • 434 posts
  • Neil
  • West Sussex

I was just speculating - however I think there will almost certainly be a "Pro" version \ hardware refresh of some sort though. Whether that is next year or the year after, who can say. If I end up with £500 burning a hole in my pocket, I'll get one though (I prefer Gran Turismo to Forza despite having an Xbox One X).

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23297 posts

Just a question, for eg on the Apple stuff every year on a new apple release there's always talks ideas for the next gen

That's because Apple have a mass following of idiots who must have the latest and greatest, so will get the new one even knowing in a few months there will be another they will fork out for too.

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6220 posts

That's because Apple have a mass following of idiots who must have the latest and greatest, so will get the new one even knowing in a few months there will be another they will fork out for too.

Errmmm

I take it that means me with the more money than sense.....

After all We have iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 8, iPad, MacBook Pro 15 and a 17, Mac Pro 2013 version and Mac Pro 2008 version along with multiple Apple TVs, time machine and multiple express repeaters.......
  • AMc likes this

Daysleepers

Daysleepers
  • Forum User
  • 217 posts
  • Fred
  • North Essex

Errmmm

I take it that means me with the more money than sense.....

After all We have iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 8, iPad, MacBook Pro 15 and a 17, Mac Pro 2013 version and Mac Pro 2008 version along with multiple Apple TVs, time machine and multiple express repeaters.......

I think you're good. You don't have two iphone 12s, 2 2020 Macbooks, and the £900 ipad. 

I have an iPhone SE 2020, a MacBook Pro 2013, Apple TV etc. I like apple products, like you, but neither of us appear to be upgrading each year. 

People slate apple for this, but Samsung does the same thing. Everyone does. 

• MickyD likes this

StBen1989

StBen1989
  • Club Member
  • 350 posts
A pro or slim won't come for a good few years yet.
Sony and Microsoft have future proofed these consoles far better than the ps4 and XB1. For them, you could spec a pc for cheaper at launch. These new consoles, you need to spend well over £1000 i believe.

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23297 posts
Over a grand on private sales, not from retailers.

StBen1989

StBen1989
  • Club Member
  • 350 posts

Over a grand on private sales, not from retailers.

I meant to spec up a level playing PC. Back in 2013, for £350 you could spec up a pc to play better than the ps4 and XB1.
  • AMc likes this

Cat Power

Cat Power
  • Club Member
  • 456 posts
I must admit the sheer size of the console puts me off plus I believe you have to pay extra to buy black outside case parts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users