ST3 Performance pack - Page 2 - Fiesta ST MK8 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

ST3 Performance pack

launch control lsd diff

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

jam5ter

jam5ter
  • Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • Jamie
  • Kent

I'll definitely be doing sums after seeing these comments.

So if I were personally in your position I reckon I'd pay the maximum deposit for the PCP which is 35% so around £8k. Then take out a 24/36 month PCP at the low 2.9% rate. Save to pay off the balloon at the end of the term so doing some man maths, the interest over that period can't be much more than £1k I wouldn't have thought.

Whether you are cash rich or not you basically just want to minimise those interest payments. 

ZoSo

ZoSo
  • Forum User
  • 45 posts

I managed to get a privilege deal on my ST2 end of last July a week before my official redundancy/ early retirement date.

l put a couple grand deposit down to adjust monthly payments to where l wanted it to be until l started taking a couple of my final salary pensions in April this year.

l did the sums when l had my cash lump sums and paid the whole thing of in May this year .

lnitial interest was around £1100 if left to full term and l have ended up saving £1000 .

Only issue l had was Ford Credit kept changing the settlement figure online so phoned them direct agreed a figure(lower than online) if l did bank transfer that day.

jam5ter

jam5ter
  • Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • Jamie
  • Kent

I managed to get a privilege deal on my ST2 end of last July a week before my official redundancy/ early retirement date.

l put a couple grand deposit down to adjust monthly payments to where l wanted it to be until l started taking a couple of my final salary pensions in April this year.

l did the sums when l had my cash lump sums and paid the whole thing of in May this year .

lnitial interest was around £1100 if left to full term and l have ended up saving £1000 .

Only issue l had was Ford Credit kept changing the settlement figure online so phoned them direct agreed a figure(lower than online) if l did bank transfer that day.

Enjoy the car - you'll love it!

Twiddle

Twiddle
  • Club Member
  • 425 posts
  • Simon
  • Lincs

calculations on hold 

Fords online finance calculator isn't working again.

1 more issue is if i buy on PCP and pay monthly i, strictly speaking, cant modify for 3 years  :cry:

theres also some very good in stock unregistered deals about

Vehementi

Vehementi
  • Forum User
  • 95 posts
  • Essex

calculations on hold 

Fords online finance calculator isn't working again.

1 more issue is if i buy on PCP and pay monthly i, strictly speaking, cant modify for 3 years  :cry:

theres also some very good in stock unregistered deals about

Check the terms of the contract, when I checked mine for the MK7 Fiesta. It stated 'Any modifications will become the property of Ford until the car finance is settled' (Obviously not word for word like). 

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5102 posts
Isn't just a problem if you're handing the car back?
If you're keeping the car or tradImg in It's not an issue :unsure:

Twiddle

Twiddle
  • Club Member
  • 425 posts
  • Simon
  • Lincs
I'd read something about charges and loss of warranty/free services (if included) and other such clauses in PCP wording on my van, I bought it with a Tesco loan in the end as mileage was always going to be more than the 8000 a year they set.

As a side story . .
I've checked PCP with my local dealer when I was looking at Mk7 st's, it's an Evans Halshaw 🙄 so sh!t customer service, and they didn't want so sell me a car without PCP when I asked about normal HP or cash prices, they stated walking away saying if I wanted it that badly I'd take the PCP offer.

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5527 posts

As a side story . .
I've checked PCP with my local dealer when I was looking at Mk7 st's, it's an Evans Halshaw so :censored: customer service, and they didn't want so sell me a car without PCP when I asked about normal HP or cash prices, they stated walking away saying if I wanted it that badly I'd take the PCP offer.

Again if any franchised dealership comes at you with this attitude then report them to Ford main as customer care should be their number one priority.

• Twiddle, ST3spin and KenL like this

Twiddle

Twiddle
  • Club Member
  • 425 posts
  • Simon
  • Lincs

Again if any franchised dealership comes at you with this attitude then report them to Ford main as customer care should be their number one priority.

Unfortunately Evans Halshaw don't fall into the usual Ford franchised dealer, not sure how or why. They basically told me this when they did the 2nd service on the EcoBeast van was going to cost nearly double the Ford franchise service offer of 145 quid, i wished i'd driven the 70 miles to the dealer i bought it from.

Believe me Ford know they are crap, they have been crap for decades, decent lads in the workshop but high staff turnover.

I wouldn't buy from them anyway, there are a few well respected small family dealers within an hours drive.

When i''m in a better position to buy I'll probably use carwow to see which local dealers are playing ball

ST32B

ST32B
  • Forum User
  • 191 posts

Unfortunately Evans Halshaw don't fall into the usual Ford franchised dealer, not sure how or why. They basically told me this when they did the 2nd service on the EcoBeast van was going to cost nearly double the Ford franchise service offer of 145 quid, i wished i'd driven the 70 miles to the dealer i bought it from.

Believe me Ford know they are crap, they have been crap for decades, decent lads in the workshop but high staff turnover.

I wouldn't buy from them anyway, there are a few well respected small family dealers within an hours drive.

When i''m in a better position to buy I'll probably use carwow to see which local dealers are playing ball

I took a test drive in early March with a great sales guy in EH. I asked him when to order for late September delivery, he said June, I said I'll see you then. Covid-19 then locked us all down mid March! :cry: so towards the end of May I contacted the sales manager at EH where I'd had the test drive, spoke to him via phone and email as he was still sorting deals out. I kept asking about the 5 year Ford extended warranty that HAS to be bought before the car is registered and also the Ford service pack which can be bought up to the 1st service...it's like he didn't want to listen...he just rattled on about their own service pack and warranty that can be bought later, I said I want the Ford one so i can take it to any dealership......he still went on about theirs! it must be a massive money spinner for them. So I kept calm and bit my lip, he said as soon as they are back in work in early June they will contact me to talk spec and place an order, I said do you want me to contact Steve (sales guy I had on the test drive) as a reminder and to get things rolling in June? No we will contact you...don't worry we'll be in touch i have your number and email...It's now July and I still haven't heard from them! No way I'm contacting them...lost sale to them.

If buying used or pre-reg ask questions and then ask more questions! I saw a pre-reg ST3 last week and it was advertised with LED lights, B&O and PP in performance blue £22k, so I asked if it was the 2020 model which gets them as standard, he replied with no it's a 2019 model so doesn't come with those at this price! So I pointed out that the adverts said it did, he replied saying it was a mistake and he will get them to change it! He then said he has a Silver Fox with one option of a spare wheel coming in this month, the best he could do is £1,000 off me, 6,000 mile per year, 36 months x £370  :laughing: Current A5 coupe and last car S3 both £1k down £380'ish month x36 months.

Then this week I saw an SQ2 for sale at a main dealership in Warrington, 1 yr old with 1,500 mile on the clock £23k! (£36k new) bargain! I looked at their pcp figures and they said GFV after 48 months £15k, checked out other SQ2's of same age for around £26-27k and again after 48 months and my mileage £15k GFV. So the same as you I thought I'll buy that bargain £23k one cash and sell for £15k 4 years on = £8k loss over 4 years = £166 a month!

So I phoned and the sales guy said he'd send me a video of the car and more details, 3 hours later nothing, phoned him back asking if he'd forgotten about me! No I'll do it now...2 hours later I get a call. Couldn't find the car, turns out it's out with a customer and we don't know when it will be back!!! I pushed for more, the customers car is in for repair and has been since lockdown, as they are waiting for parts from Germany! So I ask why has he got the SQ2 then? Oh it's our courtesy car  :unsure: he then says the service manager said the last time he saw the car before lockdown it had 8,000 miles on it! I said so why is it being advertised as 1,500 mile and no mention of it being a courtesy car since new??? The guy was very apologetic and embarrassed, he couldn't wait to get off the phone, which again is his/their loss as they had another car there that I would have asked about! But can you imagine the abuse that car has had for 12 months, probably over a 100 drivers, 300bhp quattro 0-60 in under 5 seconds...it' will have been thrashed  :busted:

• KenL likes this

Twiddle

Twiddle
  • Club Member
  • 425 posts
  • Simon
  • Lincs
I can imagine, I have had courtesy cars for a weekend, you can't help being a little playful with them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: launch control, lsd, diff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users