Montune Kit not covered by Warranty? - Fiesta ST MK8 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Montune Kit not covered by Warranty?

tuning montune upgrades

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

seanym007

seanym007
  • Club Member
  • 27 posts
  • Sean
  • Gateshead

Hi All, 

I read on an article that unlike the MK7s the montune kits for the Mk8 voids the warranty? anyone else heard this? I was looking into getting this done after a year running mine in, but looks like I might need to wait 3 or take a big risk?

Thanks

Sean M

Richyharrison04

Richyharrison04
  • Club Member
  • 569 posts
Yes, Mountune is not warranty friendly to the MK8 as it was for the Mk7.

This is covered on the forum in a few places mate. Probably best we avoid another huge thread on this but:

1) there are people who have m225/m235 and have needed warranty work (not for faults seemingly caused by the Mountune kit it would appear) who have had their warranty work completed without pushback from Ford.

2) Mountune are still a hugely reputable company who, despite their price and lack or product availability at times, have an excellent record with reliability and product quality. Even other tuners don't have chequered histories with the mk7 and mk8 remaps when it comes to the maps causing the cars to break/fail/have issues :)

3) Despite the above, it's still on you if you buy a car, mod it with Mountune or any other tuner, and then experience issues. Ford ultimately could reject a claim, as they're entitled to, despite the recent reports of warranty work being carried out on modified vehicles.

Cheers :)
  • Custard Tart, seanym007 and Darkmatter70 like this

Darkmatter70

Darkmatter70
  • Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • Dominic
  • Wokingham

Hello Sean,

If you're really worried you can buy a warranty for the Mk8 Mountune conversion.

VGS for example sell them but I bought mine when buying the car 2nd hand from a dealer so I'm not sure if they deal directly with the public.

VGS are on 01844 293810

WarrantyWise from former Top Gear presenter Quentin Willson will probably help as they cover everyting for a price https://www.warrantywise.co.uk/

/D

• Richyharrison04 likes this

seanym007

seanym007
  • Club Member
  • 27 posts
  • Sean
  • Gateshead

Cheers all, I'll look at the other posts related to this, but that sounds positive  :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Sean M

• Richyharrison04 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tuning, montune, upgrades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users