ST150 power steering pressure switch leakage - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

ST150 power steering pressure switch leakage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Makk3

Makk3
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

Hello there!

Garage notified yesterday when it was doing basic maintenance to the car that there's a small PAS fluid leak from the power steering pressure switch.

I've been trying to find a new switch for the ST, but for some reason none of the most common places to check new parts from have one, but have one for literally every other MK6. I even went to a Ford-only parts dealer and they found that the switch only comes with a new hose which is significantly more expensive than just the switch itself. Even checking from the power steering diagram for the ST, the part ID for the switch doesn't exist.

However, i asked if the switch from 1.6i Zetec-S would fit the ST so they provided the part ID (2S6C-3N824-AA) for me to check if that ID is identical to the one on ST. So i'm asking if you guys would know if the switch on the Zetec-S is the same, or if you could find one which fits for the ST. I just don't feel like dropping 250€ for a new hose with the switch if there's a slight possibility to get away with only 20-30€.

Many thanks for the help because i'm running out of ideas.  :unsure:

mart.

mart.
  • Club Member
  • 331 posts
If the switch is on the High pressure PAS hose somewhere just behind the gearbox then Im pretty sure its one complete unit so you need the whole pipe.

Sethorion

Sethorion
  • Club Member
  • 41 posts

If it's this one then you could always pick a used one up from eBay for a fraction of the price. As long as you exchange a few messages with the seller via eBay's messaging system where you get confirmation that it doesn't leak, and you pay via PayPal, then you may be able to get a full refund if it does leak.

Makk3

Makk3
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

Little update. After searching a bit where the switch was located in the car, i was able to remove it and check the code of it and apparently it does match to the one that the parts dealer told me. So from that i guess that ordering a genuine sensor with that part code should fit to the ST aswell.

• _jimmy_ and Sethorion like this

Sethorion

Sethorion
  • Club Member
  • 41 posts

Nice. Just out of curiosity, is the switch part of that part I linked?

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1812 posts
Sounds plausible, fingers crossed it's the same switch

Makk3

Makk3
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

Nice. Just out of curiosity, is the switch part of that part I linked?

Yea the switch was attached to that 3A719 high pressure hose you mentioned. Also what came to my mind was the possibility of the hose "sweating" some PAS fluid away through the switch because of the engine cooking the oil black & hot. I haven't bought a relocation kit, it is in my to-purchase-soon list however. Really hoping the new switch does fit in. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users