• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SFraser

SFraser
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Sean
  • Ford MoCo
Hi all. The car i recently purchased has uprated cams and jam sport oil pump. I was advised that I would only need to change the manifold and it could be remapped to nearer 200. Assuming nothing else would need changing?
Bit out of touch but can anyone recommend what manifolds I should be looking out for?
Thanks in advance.

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1202 posts

I had a miltek manifold & full exhaust back in the day... :yep: can't go wrong with the quality of one of them! :cool:

What's the make of the rest of your exhaust? Standard or aftermarket? :huh:

:nice:

SFraser

SFraser
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Sean
  • Ford MoCo
As far as I'm aware its powerflow cat back. Do I need to replace the cat too? Seen posts about sports cat etc.

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1864 posts
Strange that they would fit updated cams but leave the standard manifold and cat.
On the power figure, for comparison the Mountune MP185 kit which was cams (Piper), full Mountune exhaust, and induction kit with cold air feeds, giving 185PS or 183bhp.

Sethorion

Sethorion
  • Club Member
  • 67 posts

If I fit uprated cams will I also need better springs?

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1864 posts

If I fit uprated cams will I also need better springs?

According to Piper cams you need to fit uprated springs, but Newman cams say uprated springs when not required will cause unnecessary wear and so not to use them with the fast road cams, so depends on which cams you use. Most aftermarket tend you use Newman ph2 cams I think, the "Cosworth spec" ones they are sometimes called.

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1202 posts

You wouldn't have to replace the CAT but if you want more power you'd need a sports CAT for a more free-flowing exhaust... :yep:

:nice:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users