Positive pressure when oil cap off - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Positive pressure when oil cap off

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

osmyrn

osmyrn
  • Forum User
  • 12 posts

Noticed there was more air coming out the oil cap than I expected. I didn't expect there to be anything really. Took the oil cap off when I was out for a run at full temp, which isn't something I ever do, so no idea what it would 'usually' do. How much is normal, and what would it suggest if this is abnormal? Only engine mod I have is the mountune CAIS, so the k&n filter with the extended bit to the rocker cover.

Cheers.

Sethorion

Sethorion
  • Club Member
  • 67 posts

Sounds like worn cylinders/pistons/rings.

osmyrn

osmyrn
  • Forum User
  • 12 posts

Sounds like worn cylinders/pistons/rings.

It's only 60k miles so I feel like it's related to something else.

Jamie1234

Jamie1234
  • Club Member
  • 402 posts

Noticed there was more air coming out the oil cap than I expected. I didn't expect there to be anything really. Took the oil cap off when I was out for a run at full temp, which isn't something I ever do, so no idea what it would 'usually' do. How much is normal, and what would it suggest if this is abnormal? Only engine mod I have is the mountune CAIS, so the k&n filter with the extended bit to the rocker cover.

Cheers.

Completely normal , if there is excessive case pressure it would be pushing it through the breather system and burning it , would be a big blue cloud behind it too

osmyrn

osmyrn
  • Forum User
  • 12 posts

Completely normal , if there is excessive case pressure it would be pushing it through the breather system and burning it , would be a big blue cloud behind it too

Cheers mate. Drives sweet as a nut and sounds all good so just thought I'd check

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1866 posts
Mine does this too, assumed it was a bit of wear but like you I had no idea what is considered normal
  • jase_llan and osmyrn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users