5 replies to this topic

Chris J

Chris J
  • Club Member
  • 44 posts
  • Chris
  • Worcestershire
Afternoon all.

Just put on a Ramair 70mm bore turbo crossover to compliment the rest of my upgraded induction. Mainly I did it for the sake of fitting a mod!

I'm insured with Greenlight and you can declare mods on their website without needing to speak to anyone.

Except if the mod "increases the bhp of the vehicle", in which case you are asked to speak to the team.

So, will adding this crossover have added any bhp do you think?

For what it's worth my turbo inlet elbow and turbo are both stock.

Thanks.

Fast H

Fast H
  • Club Member
  • 878 posts
  • H
  • Manchester

Well if it helps Collins Performance told me that changing pipes and the like makes :censored: all difference.

• Chris J likes this

Dan DC

Dan DC
  • Club Member
  • 167 posts

When i fitted mine which is the same as yours car just felt alil more eager, don't know about making it any faster tho

• Chris J likes this

Chris J

Chris J
  • Club Member
  • 44 posts
  • Chris
  • Worcestershire
Cheers guys

Dan DC

Dan DC
  • Club Member
  • 167 posts

Also maybe just a pointer but ive wrapped mine in that gold heat resistant tape as it keeps temps right down! keeps the power consistent, even after a track day or spirited driving i can easily keep my hand on the pipe as it reflects the heat away, it might just be me but i love the stuff lol, and now my sports cat is fitted and the heat shield has gone its a must for me as turbo is at the back just below it.

Might be something to consider?

Looks nice too, cant remember how much it was tho  

• Chris J likes this

Chris J

Chris J
  • Club Member
  • 44 posts
  • Chris
  • Worcestershire

Also maybe just a pointer but ive wrapped mine in that gold heat resistant tape as it keeps temps right down! keeps the power consistent, even after a track day or spirited driving i can easily keep my hand on the pipe as it reflects the heat away, it might just be me but i love the stuff lol, and now my sports cat is fitted and the heat shield has gone its a must for me as turbo is at the back just below it.

Might be something to consider?

Looks nice too, cant remember how much it was tho  

I actually considered doing this, wish I had now but tbh it won’t be difficult to remove the pipe and apply the tape. I’ve noticed that the metal pipe of my ITG gets quite warm after spirited driving so I could always wrap a bit on that too. As you say it looks good and certainly adds some sparkle to the engine bay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users