Rear diffuser or bolt on fins?
Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:12
Thanks in advance
Posted 15 September 2020 - 20:40
- _jimmy_ and Jason70 like this
Posted 15 September 2020 - 20:55
Just put this on at the weekend which looks the nuts. The fins look tacky in my opinion.
It looks really good on the MK6, i still love the look of the MK6, is it a Maxton Diffuser?
Posted 15 September 2020 - 21:04
- Jason70 likes this
Posted 15 September 2020 - 22:18
Yeah it's a Maxton one, the TRC is only the lower half which doesn't look as aggressive
I have never seen one on a MK6 before, it looks much nicer than the standard one. I will probably get one for my MK8 one day.
Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:39
Yeah I was a little apprehensive as it's not designed to have any physical fixings but good prep and tiger seal supposedly does the trick. I hope it holds up on track haha!
Keeping the existing standard 'diffuser' in place definitely helped as this itself is fixed to to car underneath so helps provide support - I sold the upper cross hatch section as was pointless keeping it in place hidden behind.
I didn't take enough photos but these are the steps I took.
1. Clean/ de-grease the bumper
2. Scratch up the inside of the diffuser around the edges with a wire brush or something to help the tiger seal bond (may not be necessary, others have sanded the bumper to aid the bonding which I couldn't bring myself to do despite the fact it would be covered up!)
3. Apply tiger seal all around the edges of the diffuser
4. Have some mates help get it into place and hold it while you stick a shed load of tape on to allow it to set
5. Wait and pray. To be fair it seems to be on there pretty damn well!
Posted 16 September 2020 - 15:04
- ProjectST150 likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users