Rear diffuser or bolt on fins? - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Rear diffuser or bolt on fins?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SFraser

SFraser
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Sean
  • Ford MoCo
Sorry if been asked before. New to all of this, have seen that you can buy the screw on fins and also the one piece stick on diffuser. Is one method better in your opinion? I see a lot with the colour coded fins and love the look of them. Need some advice please :)

Thanks in advance

ProjectST150

ProjectST150
  • Club Member
  • 7 posts
Just put this on at the weekend which looks the nuts. The fins look tacky in my opinion.

Attached Files

• _jimmy_ and Jason70 like this

Jason70

Jason70
  • Club Member
  • 401 posts
  • Jason
  • Kent

Just put this on at the weekend which looks the nuts. The fins look tacky in my opinion.

It looks really good on the MK6, i still love the look of the MK6, is it a Maxton Diffuser?

ProjectST150

ProjectST150
  • Club Member
  • 7 posts
Yeah it's a Maxton one, the TRC is only the lower half which doesn't look as aggressive
  • Jason70 likes this

Jason70

Jason70
  • Club Member
  • 401 posts
  • Jason
  • Kent

Yeah it's a Maxton one, the TRC is only the lower half which doesn't look as aggressive

I have never seen one on a MK6 before, it looks much nicer than the standard one. I will probably get one for my MK8 one day.

SFraser

SFraser
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Sean
  • Ford MoCo
@ProjectST150 is that the one that fixes on over the existing parts? If so what have you used to fix it on?.
P.s thank you for the advice 🙂

ProjectST150

ProjectST150
  • Club Member
  • 7 posts

@SFraser

Yeah I was a little apprehensive as it's not designed to have any physical fixings but good prep and tiger seal supposedly does the trick. I hope it holds up on track haha!

Keeping the existing standard 'diffuser' in place definitely helped as this itself is fixed to to car underneath so helps provide support - I sold the upper cross hatch section as was pointless keeping it in place hidden behind.

I didn't take enough photos but these are the steps I took.

1. Clean/ de-grease the bumper

2. Scratch up the inside of the diffuser around the edges with a wire brush or something to help the tiger seal bond (may not be necessary, others have sanded the bumper to aid the bonding which I couldn't bring myself to do despite the fact it would be covered up!)

3. Apply tiger seal all around the edges of the diffuser

4. Have some mates help get it into place and hold it while you stick a shed load of tape on to allow it to set

5. Wait and pray. To be fair it seems to be on there pretty damn well!

Attached Files

SFraser

SFraser
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Sean
  • Ford MoCo
Thank you so much buddy thats really helpful, really appreciate it
  • ProjectST150 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users