New MK6 Owner - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

New MK6 Owner

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

Been looking around at mk6's for a while now, finally picked one up last sunday and i love it  :nice:

Really enjoyed the drive back to Yorkshire from Edinburgh especially the A702 which has everything you need to get a feel for the car.

Needs some tidying up in places but that's all part of the journey  :thumbsup:

Attached File  20200922_164132.jpg   239.93KB   1 downloads

• kaxe, ST3spin and _jimmy_ like this

mart.

mart.
  • Club Member
  • 357 posts
Welcome to the club. Looms fairly standard. Many plans for it?
  • Jas likes this

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

Welcome to the club. Looms fairly standard. Many plans for it?

Cheers  :thumbsup:

Yep standard apart from eibach springs which were fitted in 2015 after one of the oe springs broke, still undecided whether to leave them on or return to stock...

No plans to mod just tidy up

• mart. likes this

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1864 posts
Very nice, leave it as is! Lowered is just right
👌
  • Jas likes this

Sethorion

Sethorion
  • Club Member
  • 67 posts

I like the way mine handles with standard springs. Rough roads are tooooo bumpy with the stock springs. I'm not sure I'd be alright with shortened springs.

Unrelated but Ford got the anti-roll tweaks right on this car because it has almost zero body roll.

• _jimmy_ and Jas like this

mart.

mart.
  • Club Member
  • 357 posts

Cheers  :thumbsup:

Yep standard apart from eibach springs which were fitted in 2015 after one of the oe springs broke, still undecided whether to leave them on or return to stock...

No plans to mod just tidy up

I'd keep the springs as they sit very high without them and they look great lowered slightly.

Plenty of things to do to tidy them up and sorts. Check in the rear arches and below battery box for any signs of rust as these are common points so can be treated now. Especially if been up in Scotland on salty roads.
  • Jas likes this

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

I like the way mine handles with standard springs. Rough roads are tooooo bumpy with the stock springs. I'm not sure I'd be alright with shortened springs.

Unrelated but Ford got the anti-roll tweaks right on this car because it has almost zero body roll.

I could do with a go in one with standard springs as i agree it does feel bumpy but the roads around here are in a terrible state 

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

I'd keep the springs as they sit very high without them and they look great lowered slightly.

Plenty of things to do to tidy them up and sorts. Check in the rear arches and below battery box for any signs of rust as these are common points so can be treated now. Especially if been up in Scotland on salty roads.

They do look good lowered but it is a bumpy ride, i need to try one on standard springs really to compare. 

The rear arches are fine although i haven't looked under the carpet liners, ill check the battery tray area cheers, power steering fluid needs flushing through too as its currently black 

Reesy93

Reesy93
  • Club Member
  • 17 posts
Looks smart bud 👍
  • Jas likes this

###simon###

###simon###
  • Club Member
  • 2393 posts
  • Bishops Cleeve

I can’t say that mine feels anymore bumpy on my bilstein b12 kit as it did on standard springs and dampers, if anything I think it’s a slightly better ride. I found binning the standard wheels made the greatest difference in ride comfort.

• Jas likes this

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

Looks smart bud

Cheers mate  :thumbsup:

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

I can’t say that mine feels anymore bumpy on my bilstein b12 kit as it did on standard springs and dampers, if anything I think it’s a slightly better ride. I found binning the standard wheels made the greatest difference in ride comfort.

I'm a fan of bilstein, had them on 2 previous cars but i want to keep this one original and standard (we've all said that before  :laughing:) i like the look of the standard wheels ii think they suit the car perfectly so ill be sticking with those  :nice:

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1202 posts

Nice one mate, I owned one years ago and loved it. Always checking them out on Autotrader.... :yep:

Great cars! :woohoo: :cool: Enjoy! :nice:

• Jas likes this

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

Nice one mate, I owned one years ago and loved it. Always checking them out on Autotrader.... :yep:

Great cars! :woohoo: :cool: Enjoy! :nice:

Cheers mate

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

Had the chance to drive a pre facelift this afternoon with original suspension on and after doing that i am going to be fitting original coil springs on and removing the eibachs 

• _jimmy_ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users