New MK6 Owner - Page 2 - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

New MK6 Owner

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Gldn

Gldn
  • Forum User
  • 2 posts

My back has taken a beating since fitting eibachs last week too :unsure: looks a lot better but definitely more uncomfortable

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1866 posts
Yeah, its a trade off between lowered looking better and tbf cornering better but standard is better to live with in general
  • Jas likes this

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

Yeah, its a trade off between lowered looking better and tbf cornering better but standard is better to live with in general

Exactly  :thumbsup:

Sethorion

Sethorion
  • Club Member
  • 67 posts

Had the chance to drive a pre facelift this afternoon with original suspension on and after doing that i am going to be fitting original coil springs on and removing the eibachs 

I've only experienced stock springs. Was the difference in ride that noticeable?

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

I've only experienced stock springs. Was the difference in ride that noticeable?

Yes it was  :yep:

jase_llan

jase_llan
  • Club Member
  • 1113 posts
I can confirm the Eibachs with standard shocks are less comfortable than standard, I do believe that Eibachs with Bilstein B8 dampers (in other words the Bilstein B12 kit) are roughly as comfortable as stock and far better for cornering.

choro365

choro365
  • Forum User
  • 2 posts

Is it possible to buy new OEM suspension? Is it possible to buy just OEM springs? What are the prices compared to Bilstein B12 kit?

Are there any advantages with stock springs and Bilstein B8 combo?

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

Is it possible to buy new OEM suspension? Is it possible to buy just OEM springs? What are the prices compared to Bilstein B12 kit?

Are there any advantages with stock springs and Bilstein B8 combo?

Yes you can still buy OEM coil springs the rears are £44.99 each and the fronts are £85.99 each, not sure about the dampers as i didn't ask 

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1202 posts

I can confirm the Eibachs with standard shocks are less comfortable than standard, I do believe that Eibachs with Bilstein B8 dampers (in other words the Bilstein B12 kit) are roughly as comfortable as stock and far better for cornering.

I can confirm this, I had Bilstein B12's on my old :st: and it handled amazingly :bow: and for me it was just as comfortable as stock! :yep:

Best mods I did were 1) Quaife Diff 2) B12's 3) Supercharger Kit = 328bhp :woohoo: :mf_dribble: :nice:

• Sethorion and Jas like this

Sethorion

Sethorion
  • Club Member
  • 67 posts

I can confirm this, I had Bilstein B12's on my old :st: and it handled amazingly :bow: and for me it was just as comfortable as stock! :yep:

Best mods I did were 1) Quaife Diff 2) B12's 3) Supercharger Kit = 328bhp :woohoo: :mf_dribble: :nice:

Those mods sound really nice! Do you have any build logs or videos about the installations - in particular the supercharger kit?

Jas

Jas
  • Club Member
  • 52 posts

Do you mind im trying to keep this one standard  :laugh:

• kaxe likes this

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1202 posts

Those mods sound really nice! Do you have any build logs or videos about the installations - in particular the supercharger kit?

If you search my user name mate I had a JAM-Sport stage 2.5 Supercharger Kit fitted on my project thread... :yep: :nice:

I can no longer view my own project thead as I'm not a member on here currently LOL! :rofl: :facepalm:

BEAST.jpg I wish I still had it to be fair as it was a BEA :st: indeed! :mf_dribble:  :wub:  :cool:

Do you mind im trying to keep this one standard  :laugh:

LOL Sorrrrrrry :bleh:  :eek:  :rofl:

• _jimmy_ and Jas like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users