MK7 Fiesta ST200 Build Numbers - Fiesta ST MK7 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

MK7 Fiesta ST200 Build Numbers

- - - - - ST200 Build Number

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

brandonb2304

brandonb2304
  • Forum User
  • 2 posts
  • Brandon
  • Rochdale

Does anyone know a way i can find out the build number of my ST200 so i can then get a plaque made for the interior?

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5306 posts

Does anyone know a way i can find out the build number of my ST200 so i can then get a plaque made for the interior?

I don't believe they actually gave them build numbers, there was a gentleman in Germany I believe that could provide you with a number for some money but whether it is genuine is open for debate.
  • MickyD and brandonb2304 like this

ST-FRD

ST-FRD
  • Club Member
  • 87 posts
This question has been asked time and time again over the last few years. The short answer is no which leads on to the guy in Germany, there is no way he could provide that info on a car that never tracked build numbers etc.

You’re better to have a plaque made up of your build date, at least that data will be accurate via Ford Etis.
  • ST3spin and brandonb2304 like this

brandonb2304

brandonb2304
  • Forum User
  • 2 posts
  • Brandon
  • Rochdale

Thanks a lot lads

Tim

Tim
  • Club Member
  • 1603 posts
  • Tim
  • North pole

That guy is not real, fact. For the reasons mentioned above, plus the fact that I saw an ST for sale last year, with a build number plaque in it which was something like 35,000 or around that region....

.... when there were only 30,625 ST's of all variants produced.

As seen here; https://www.fordfiestast.online/fiesta-mk7-st-productionfigures 

• ST3spin and MickyD like this

MarksST

MarksST
  • Club Member
  • 5872 posts
  • Mark
  • West Sussex

That guy is not real, fact. For the reasons mentioned above, plus the fact that I saw an ST for sale last year, with a build number plaque in it which was something like 35,000 or around that region....

.... when there were only 30,625 ST's of all variants produced.

As seen here; https://www.fordfiestast.online/fiesta-mk7-st-productionfigures 

That could be down to where they bought the plaque from, one company asked for the last 5 digits of the VIN as the build number which is the wrong way to do it.

If the guy guy in Germany had access to the production line run he might be able to work out when in the runs STs came off the line and assign a build number from that.eg vin 00001 is a zetec S, 00002 is a titanium, 00003 is an ST so he would assign that as build #1.

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5876 posts

That could be down to where they bought the plaque from, one company asked for the last 5 digits of the VIN as the build number which is the wrong way to do it.

If the guy guy in Germany had access to the production line run he might be able to work out when in the runs STs came off the line and assign a build number from that.eg vin 00001 is a zetec S, 00002 is a titanium, 00003 is an ST so he would assign that as build #1.

Or he just has an excel spread sheet at home and every time someone emails him he puts a car reg on a different random number gives them that saves the doc so as not to reuse that number on another vin and pockets a few quid for his 20 seconds of work and €0 outlay.........

But @Tim don't burst the bubble, it's like mummy kissing their little pinkies better when they get a whoopsie makes them feel good even if it does absolutely nothing so I aint going to spoil it for them!!  :nice:

• ST3spin likes this

MarksST

MarksST
  • Club Member
  • 5872 posts
  • Mark
  • West Sussex

Or he just has an excel spread sheet at home and every time someone emails him he puts a car reg on a different random number gives them that saves the doc so as not to reuse that number on another vin and pockets a few quid for his 20 seconds of work and €0 outlay.........

But @Tim don't burst the bubble, it's like mummy kissing their little pinkies better when they get a whoopsie makes them feel good even if it does absolutely nothing so I aint going to spoil it for them!!  :nice:

Could be that but what I said is also possible, no car maker just throws cars down the line with record at all of what it is. 

Tim

Tim
  • Club Member
  • 1603 posts
  • Tim
  • North pole

He could have access to the list of cars that went from the Cologne factory, to UK shores. Then assign numbers to them that way? Who knows!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users