Would you reject this car?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Firestorm07

Firestorm07
  • Club Member
  • 21 posts

Hi all

ive just picked my fiesta ST3 from Ford, got it home and noticed that there is damage to the front bumper that wasn’t there when viewing the car. Even worse is that my mate came round to look at the car, he’s 6ft 7 and straight away looking down at the roof he’s seen the paint is damaged in several places. I’ve emailed the pics to The dealer and he agreed that the damage wasn’t there the other day and that they can respray the roof. I’m not sure I want the car now I’m absolutely gutted, I’ve never had this before in owning cars in 20 years.

Attached File  02E50CD8-0B38-4A35-96AA-3C1A0AF931C1.jpeg   32.67KB   4 downloads

Attached File  4E28AF1C-67EC-4148-945F-B8065782EE80.jpeg   35.99KB   1 downloads

Attached File  6CD55216-2494-426A-873F-0C144A3EF2C6.jpeg   134.72KB   1 downloads

Attached File  6EAB044D-6B17-4636-BE8C-1268567F141B.jpeg   29.13KB   0 downloads

Attached File  54C2F9D1-15A5-4B82-901B-47AE6EB05BB4.jpeg   36.73KB   1 downloads

Attached File  3EB74CE2-C75E-4FF0-B630-2EEEA846BC0E.jpeg   33.67KB   1 downloads

ST3spin

ST3spin
  • Club Member
  • 5306 posts
I think you have to give them a chance to repair it before you can reject it :unsure:
  • K3FUS and Defender like this

Firestorm07

Firestorm07
  • Club Member
  • 21 posts

I think you have to give them a chance to repair it before you can reject it :unsure:

Car is only 18 months old, 100% the whole roof will need to be resprayed. Strange thing is you can’t see that damage standing next to the car (unless your 6ft 7) I have to stand on the scuff plate to see it. The photos pick the damage up, I can see how this wasn’t spotted by Ford so I don’t blame them.

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1150 posts
If the car was brand new you could reject it without allowing them the chance to fix it.

If it is 18 months old that may be a different matter. Does the dealer have a 30 day returns policy on used cars?
  • Defender likes this

Firestorm07

Firestorm07
  • Club Member
  • 21 posts

If the car was brand new you could reject it without allowing them the chance to fix it.

If it is 18 months old that may be a different matter. Does the dealer have a 30 day returns policy on used cars?

Yes the 30 day returns policy applies, and I bought the car direct from Ford. I love the car and the colour, I’m 50/50 at the moment in rejecting it. I’m taking the car back on Tuesday to fix the bumper damage and inspect the roof.

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1150 posts
TBH, if everything else about the car is perfect I would get it fixed and keep it.
  • Custard Tart, Defender and Firestorm07 like this

Custard Tart

Custard Tart
  • Club Member
  • 656 posts
  • Lee
  • South Wales

TBH, if everything else about the car is perfect I would get it fixed and keep it.

Definately besides if his mate was 5' 8" like me he'd be none the wiser ha ha .. :lol:

Firestorm07

Firestorm07
  • Club Member
  • 21 posts

Definately besides if his mate was 5' 8" like me he'd be none the wiser ha ha .. :lol:

lol I’m 5’11 and had to stand on the door sill to see it, the camera picks it up better. It would have seen eventually as I was going to book the car in to be ceramic coated.

• Custard Tart likes this

Custard Tart

Custard Tart
  • Club Member
  • 656 posts
  • Lee
  • South Wales

lol I’m 5’11 and had to stand on the door sill to see it, the camera picks it up better. It would have seen eventually as I was going to book the car in to be ceramic coated.

It looks like something has splashed on it and eaten the paint away slightly from the pics have you tried doing anything to it?
I'd deffo let them paint the roof if your happy with the car and they are happy to sort it job done :thumbsup:

Gedi

Gedi
  • Club Member
  • 186 posts
  • Mark
  • County Durham

If you are going to get them to paint he roof, ask them to add on a few extra layers of clear lacquer. Having more layers than normal will come in handy when detailing the roof 

• Custard Tart and Firestorm07 like this

Firestorm07

Firestorm07
  • Club Member
  • 21 posts

It looks like something has splashed on it and eaten the paint away slightly from the pics have you tried doing anything to it?
I'd deffo let them paint the roof if your happy with the car and they are happy to sort it job done :thumbsup:

Not touched it just took the photo’s and emailed the dealer. Could be bird s*%t as it’s 7 different spots, definitely a respray needed.

Richyharrison04

Richyharrison04
  • Club Member
  • 549 posts
Reject it. Doesn't matter if the car is 18 months old, your right to reject remains - you haven't *had* the car for 18 months...

Look up the consumer rights act 2015 if any doubts.

Good luck
  • Firestorm07 likes this

essieboyst

essieboyst
  • Forum User
  • 77 posts
I suppose it all depends really,

1. Quality of repair
2. Inconvenience to yourself during the repair process.

I'm sure it could all be put right without going back again and again, so yea not ideal scenario m8 but have a think about it.
Shame though not something you should have to deal with. Quality control these days seems to have gone south!
I'm proper OCD so I'd have gone over it with a fine tooth comb before I'd have sold it but that's me.... Shame on the dealer!

Firestorm07

Firestorm07
  • Club Member
  • 21 posts

I suppose it all depends really,

1. Quality of repair
2. Inconvenience to yourself during the repair process.

I'm sure it could all be put right without going back again and again, so yea not ideal scenario m8 but have a think about it.
Shame though not something you should have to deal with. Quality control these days seems to have gone south!
I'm proper OCD so I'd have gone over it with a fine tooth comb before I'd have sold it but that's me.... Shame on the dealer!

I’m going to give them the chance to repair as other then the roof the car is mint. The bumper must have been damaged by another customer when the car was moved ready for collection. To be fair to Ford, the roof you can’t notice standing next to the car. I had to stand on the door sill to see it and even then it’s barely noticeable, the phone camera picks it up really well.

• KenL likes this

Firestorm07

Firestorm07
  • Club Member
  • 21 posts

Reject it. Doesn't matter if the car is 18 months old, your right to reject remains - you haven't *had* the car for 18 months...

Look up the consumer rights act 2015 if any doubts.

Good luck

I’m going to give them them chance to repair first, they’ve got their own body shop onsite and the work is guaranteed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users