Help... - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Help...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BlueMCFC

BlueMCFC
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

Anobody got any ideas as to what may be causing this racket? any help appreciated https://vimeo.com/us...2967/525ca7e6a2

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1919 posts

Anobody got any ideas as to what may be causing this racket? any help appreciated
https://vimeo.com/479612967

That doesn't sound too good
If I had to guess I would say it sounds like the cam chain is slack and hitting the guides, but that's just a guess. It would be on the left side near the power steering reservoir. If so, and it's very loose it could skip out of time and damage the valves so I'd be wary of driving it.

Someone else might have a better idea but either way it sounds like it needs attention ASAP.

I fixed your link btw
  • MickyD and BlueMCFC like this

Marv_st

Marv_st
  • Club Member
  • 40 posts
It sounds like rod knock when you're sat in the cabin.
Whether it's top or bottom end... Its serious. Avoid running it at all costs.
Maybe start to consider how fond you are of the mk6.

Thepowerfulpotato

Thepowerfulpotato
  • Forum User
  • 294 posts

Yep, sounds like it's time to drain the sump and fill it with 15w50 or even gear oil to see if that quiets it down. If it does, then part x it for something else  :laughing:

On a serious note my (and indeed almost all) Corsa C sounded like this and it was the timing chain tensioner that had failed and the chain was slapping off the case as above. I thought these engines were belt driven though? could be very wrong on that one as I've never even touched a mk6 st tbf.

Sethorion

Sethorion
  • Club Member
  • 79 posts

The video is no longer available. I must know what it sounds like!!!

Vulpes

Vulpes
  • Club Member
  • 61 posts
Duratecs are chain driven.

It sounds knackered. I'd drain it and take the timing cover off first for an initial investigation.

BlueMCFC

BlueMCFC
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

thanks for the feedback and the link fix i shall speak to a friend and see if we can go about checking some of the suggestions. im in no rush to drive it as i can walk to work its just something id like to fix.I just want it as abit of a run around really i didn't pay for it i was given it so can throw abit at it if its actually worth saving...

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1919 posts
What is the mileage on it out of interest?

BlueMCFC

BlueMCFC
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

What is the mileage on it out of interest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users