Keys in boot - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Keys in boot

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Steve73

Steve73
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts
I stupidly locked my keys in the boot, does anybody know of a way of getting boot open other than smashing a window and crawling through back seat to get the key

Thepowerfulpotato

Thepowerfulpotato
  • Forum User
  • 244 posts

I did this with my Corsa C a while back, but locked the keys on the back seat when I threw them in and a tin of epoxy I had just bought landed on the lock button. What I had to do was prise one of the doors open enough and jam some wedges in until I could fish a bit of stiff wire in to pull the locking nub thingy up. It looks like the mk6 fez doesn't have the door lock nub thing but instead the interior handle pulls in. I'd try wedging one of the doors open enough to get something in to pull at the door handle. I'd go for the opposite side one because you'd have a straight shot to it. 

Just make sure you're prising away from the door lock, you'll be amazed how flexible the door really is. And use wood/hard plastic obviously so you don't mess up the paint.

This will only work though if the car isn't 'double locked' if it is I'd call up a glazier and ask what the cheapest window to replace is then break that one.  

• Defender and Sethorion like this

Defender

Defender
  • Club Member
  • 63 posts

If you a member of one of the motoring organisations try giving them a call, they maybe able to open the car up you or suggest someone who could?

Alternatively an automotive locksmith should be able to help you?

Cat Power

Cat Power
  • Club Member
  • 394 posts
If breaking a window is only option breaking a rear one would be easier to replace I suspect if it's a 3 door

Richyharrison04

Richyharrison04
  • Club Member
  • 567 posts
Please delete admin - forgot this was the Mk6 thread

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1211 posts

Thieves have ways and means of getting in without doing a lot of damage so I'm sure there's an easier way... :whistle:  

Also isn't there an antenna in the boot to stop people locking their keys in or is that in the Focus? :huh: I've seen it under the boot mat in one Ford I've owned over the years... :wacko: :unsure:

jase_llan

jase_llan
  • Club Member
  • 1128 posts
@kaxe there are tools for the job for sure... Something to slide between the door window and door and pull up the latch should do the trick!
  • kaxe likes this

_jimmy_

_jimmy_
  • Club Member
  • 1889 posts
That's the old "coat hanger" trick down the window seal? It should probably work, unless the car is deadlocked in which case I don't think it will. Someone actually tried breaking into my car this way about 10 years ago but the deadlock stopped them (I had to replace the lock though as they broke something, as well as the window)

Always thought it was a poor design to allow the boot to unlock independently. I don't like to pop the boot without also unlocking the car just in case.
  • kaxe and jase_llan like this

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 5903 posts

I just never understand why people only have one key?!? EVERY car I have owned since the 80's always came with two, If I lost one the first thing I would do would be get another cut, even without the remote option a key is a key....

• kaxe and Defender like this

kaxe

kaxe
  • Forum User
  • 1211 posts

I just never understand why people only have one key?!? EVERY car I have owned since the 80's always came with two, If I lost one the first thing I would do would be get another cut, even without the remote option a key is a key....

Don't get me started on that... the Mk2 Focus :rs: comes with 3 keys (x2 remote & x1 fixed grey key) and people always sell the cars on with just the remote keys and they bin the grey key or forget about it / lose it and it really grinds my gears!! :rant: 

I proudly sold mine on with all 3 keys... :yep:

• Defender likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users