Dad to be need a new car advice - Other Marque | Automotive Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Dad to be need a new car advice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Chrissyelse88

Chrissyelse88
  • Club Member
  • 691 posts
Evening all so I'm due to be a first time dad in April and as alot of things are due to change in my life so will the car unfortunately as the fiesta st just isn't practical enough for me.

Although the baby is going to be the most important thing to me I would still like a car that is fun to drive and practical, im looking down the line of an estate but if a hatchback gave me the room I needed id be open to that.

We do alot of outdoor activities in our spare time and weekends away well we did before covid anyway here are some of the cars I have looked at

Bmw 330d/335d estate
Skoda octavia vrs estate
Ford focus mk3 st estate
Audi A4 3.0tdi estate
Peugeot 308 gti

Any other suggestions im open to

Thanks Chris

mart.

mart.
  • Club Member
  • 376 posts
I got an A3 to cart my 1st around in and never found myself lacking on space but everyone is different.

Personally other than the boot size on the focus the interior is very small especially with a baby seat on the passenger side. The front passenger I found had little space. I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

My 325i that I've had for last 18 months has been my first estate and auto and one of the longest cars I've owned. That speaks volumes.

Do you need diesel? If you want fun then consider the BMW over the audi. Personal preference.

The octavia estate in petrol form is a good shout.

Also they do a Leon cupra estate. Like a golf R but 2wd.

Chrissyelse88

Chrissyelse88
  • Club Member
  • 691 posts

I got an A3 to cart my 1st around in and never found myself lacking on space but everyone is different.

Personally other than the boot size on the focus the interior is very small especially with a baby seat on the passenger side. The front passenger I found had little space. I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

My 325i that I've had for last 18 months has been my first estate and auto and one of the longest cars I've owned. That speaks volumes.

Do you need diesel? If you want fun then consider the BMW over the audi. Personal preference.

The octavia estate in petrol form is a good shout.

Also they do a Leon cupra estate. Like a golf R but 2wd.

I forgot to mention i have dogs to so thats why I need something a bit bigger. I could do without a diesel my daily commute is only a 32mile round trip but I have always wanted a bmw 6 cylinder engine but can't afford the petrol model.

I do prefer the leon to the golf so thats definitely one to look at to.👍👍

mart.

mart.
  • Club Member
  • 376 posts

I forgot to mention i have dogs to so thats why I need something a bit bigger. I could do without a diesel my daily commute is only a 32mile round trip but I have always wanted a bmw 6 cylinder engine but can't afford the petrol model.

I do prefer the leon to the golf so thats definitely one to look at to.👍👍

In that case defo go for the estate. There's so many decent looking wagons about now. 3 series, octavia, Leon are where I'd be looking pending budget. Can't think of any others. I was impressed with my first experience of auto in a BMW aswell.

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Club Member
  • 1799 posts
  • Bristol
I'm toying with a used Jaguar XF estate ATM. Decent price, undercuts the 340i in price and is bigger (though not as quick). The BMW I found too small for a child, relative to the cost and it was a 5 series size I would want to move to, but they're too expensive. The only thing with a Jag is reliability, but they seem to be okay and it's something different.

The other possible option in my mind is a Skoda Superb 4x4 280.

I have a 11 month daughter and I would not go for anything but an estate right now.
  • jase_llan likes this

StiggyTheST

StiggyTheST
  • Club Member
  • 925 posts
Honda Civic Type R
Megane RS
Hyundai i30N

If your doing such a short commute you don't need a diesel and any of those will swallow any bikes dogs kids etc without having to have a dull car.

If your budget doesn't stretch to any of those a 308GTI or Golf R Leon Cupra would do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users