ST Line Badge on one wing! - Fiesta ST MK8 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

ST Line Badge on one wing!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

RacerMike

RacerMike
  • Forum User
  • 6 posts
Hi chaps. Just swapped my daily ST Line 125 for an ST2 Performance Pack today. Noticed when I was jetting off the salt this evening that its got an ST Line badge on the drivers side wing which is, I believe, a miss build! Im assuming its just held on with adhesive, but wanted to check whether anyone knows for sure theres no hole in the wing to locate the badge! Id be surprised if there was but....

Also, anyone else ever had this?!

Oliver

Oliver
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts

Hi chaps. Just swapped my daily ST Line 125 for an ST2 Performance Pack today. Noticed when I was jetting off the salt this evening that its got an ST Line badge on the drivers side wing which is, I believe, a miss build! Im assuming its just held on with adhesive, but wanted to check whether anyone knows for sure theres no hole in the wing to locate the badge! Id be surprised if there was but....

Also, anyone else ever had this?!

Definitely just stuck on, I've taken them off of a previous ST Line I had. Bit strange though.

RacerMike

RacerMike
  • Forum User
  • 6 posts

Yeah it's really strange. I'm 99% sure the badges are put on at the factory (I think years ago they used to be left up to the dealer) so my only guess is someone wasn't paying attention on the line but I'll mention it to my dealer and I'll whip it off when I have time!

Weirdly I'm sure I read about something similar ages ago. Possibly might have been on a Focus RS when I had a Mk3.

• tonyfst likes this

Thepowerfulpotato

Thepowerfulpotato
  • Forum User
  • 290 posts
I'd leave it on for the banter TBF. Love having stupid badges in my cars, see my post about the 7.2 Corsa haha.

DarrenST

DarrenST
  • Club Member
  • 454 posts
Mike is it a new or used car?

tonyfst

tonyfst
  • Club Member
  • 157 posts
  • Tony
  • Chelmsford

Yeah it's really strange. I'm 99% sure the badges are put on at the factory (I think years ago they used to be left up to the dealer) so my only guess is someone wasn't paying attention on the line but I'll mention it to my dealer and I'll whip it off when I have time!

Weirdly I'm sure I read about something similar ages ago. Possibly might have been on a Focus RS when I had a Mk3.

Decals are put on at the factory.

The only exception that I can think of for Fiesta ST is the mk6 st500 where my st500 badge came in the glovebox; the car came with the usual st badge on the tailgate.

RacerMike

RacerMike
  • Forum User
  • 6 posts

Mike is it a new or used car?

Brand new!

Daysleepers

Daysleepers
  • Club Member
  • 215 posts
  • Fred
  • North Essex
I am almost certain that I saw someone else posted the same issue a while back.

German engineering and build quality in show, wonderful attention to detail.
  • Twiddle likes this

Jimble

Jimble
  • Club Member
  • 53 posts

Brand new!

Any possibility a friend has stuck it on there as a joke?

ZoSo

ZoSo
  • Forum User
  • 88 posts

As an ex quality inspector l would say it’s very rare for something like that to get through the many inspection processes during production and final inspection and the dealer PDI too without it being spotted especially as badge is on one side only.

It does happen .

l have seen a vehicle get through the process to arrive in destination country with a different colour door (fitted as a slave during repairs to original door)

JP_Racing

JP_Racing
  • Club Member
  • 199 posts
I think we had one roll off the line with 4 different wheels fitted... Same style but 2 colours one side, different styles but same colour the other! Made me chuckle reading that quality report.

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1303 posts

I think we had one roll off the line with 4 different wheels fitted... Same style but 2 colours one side, different styles but same colour the other! Made me chuckle reading that quality report.

Where's that JP?

RacerMike

RacerMike
  • Forum User
  • 6 posts
Its brand, brand new. Weirdly I didnt notice at the dealer, even though you can see it in this photo I took before driving off! Noticed when I jetted it off at home.

Ive seen all sorts come out of production (not Ford). Wasnt there also the infamous 3.5 door Sierra back in the day where one body side was a 3 door and one a 5 door?

Attached Files

• Jimble likes this

Jimble

Jimble
  • Club Member
  • 53 posts

Well that's something new added to my collection day checklist then  :laughing:

I've never heard about that Sierra before, that would make an amazing collectors item now no doubt!

K77NAN

K77NAN
  • Club Member
  • 102 posts

As an ex quality inspector l would say its very rare for something like that to get through the many inspection processes during production and final inspection and the dealer PDI too without it being spotted especially as badge is on one side only.
It does happen .
l have seen a vehicle get through the process to arrive in destination country with a different colour door (fitted as a slave during repairs to original door)

Mine got through PDI with the wrong chassis number 🤣

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users