Recent Price Rise linked to BREXIT - Fiesta ST MK8 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Recent Price Rise linked to BREXIT

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Clengineer

Clengineer
  • Club Member
  • 6 posts

Not sure if this has already been posted?  

• Jason70 likes this

Jimble

Jimble
  • Club Member
  • 53 posts

Thanks. Good to understand why the prices shot up so quickly. Bit worrying, they may pass the increase onto those of us that ordered just before - initially I was blase about it thinking it was just a Ford price rise that would be covered, but rises due to Government regulations can be passed onto the customer...

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Club Member
  • 1875 posts
  • Bristol

Thanks. Good to understand why the prices shot up so quickly. Bit worrying, they may pass the increase onto those of us that ordered just before - initially I was blase about it thinking it was just a Ford price rise that would be covered, but rises due to Government regulations can be passed onto the customer...

Not much profit margin on small cars apparently. They are more a tool to up sell you in the brand to something that costs more and has a better margin... such as a CUV or SUV.

Madpig

Madpig

<3 Blue

• Club Member
  • 4136 posts
  • John
  • Leicestershire
Fortunately the new ST Focus hasn’t gone up........

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6119 posts

... but that should only affect cars that are NOT already imported... not cars already in this country such as the ST Edition.... 

Me thinks me smells bull :censored: moulded to fit into the perfect excuse.... BREXIT!!!!  :whistle:

Does this remind anyone else of the petrochemical companies policy of upping petrol prices as soon as a crisis hit regardless of the fact the fuel is already imported, yet being very slow on dropping the price after the crisis is over as the fuel has already been exported at that price so it will update slowly as more is imported........

• sab, invisible1955, kenthammer and 1 other like this

lpfbs

lpfbs
  • Club Member
  • 78 posts

How much is the current price on the st3 in the UK?

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6119 posts

Think it's around £27600 OTR with mid range paint option and LEDs (sort of middle of the road car, without sunroof, spare wheel or expensive paint....... But obviously there would be wiggle room on this price.

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Club Member
  • 1875 posts
  • Bristol

... but that should only affect cars that are NOT already imported... not cars already in this country such as the ST Edition.... 

Me thinks me smells bull :censored: moulded to fit into the perfect excuse.... BREXIT!!!!  :whistle:

Pricing will likely be updated as a block. So imported but unsold cars will be priced the same as cars currently on a boat and those due to go into production.

Does this remind anyone else of the petrochemical companies policy of upping petrol prices as soon as a crisis hit regardless of the fact the fuel is already imported, yet being very slow on dropping the price after the crisis is over as the fuel has already been exported at that price so it will update slowly as more is imported........

That's because fuel pricing isn't based on current prices, availability etc...

Fuel and oil is traded as futures and thus pricing reflects the future consideration of where prices go.

So if there considerable disruption ahead, prices shoot up to offset future demand and supply. Prices come back down more slowly as confidence takes time to build.

That's really the basics of commodity trading.

If you're interested to learn and I do encourage it, there are plenty of articles about futures trading

https://www.thebalan...-futures-809351

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6119 posts

@alex98uk I get commodity trading, but in the oil industry the model is broke, Prices rise at the pumps the day something happens, then even though the price of crude dropped back to normal levels almost immediately (as happened in recent times over scares in the middle east) the price at pump stayed at the higher level...

That's when companies like AA and RAC get involved. The petrol sellers blame the fact that they still have stock of the petrol at the old price and cite the fact that soooo many petrol stations have closed down since this little virus - but this is simply not true in all cases, In the past (what I eluded to earlier) I have seen the price fly up over night by over 5p yet a couple of days later when all is calm and crude has returned to an even lower level than before the crisis the prises have not dropped and multiple deliveries over multiple weeks (I spend a lot of time at petrol stations!!) later their prices have only managed to drop 0.1p per litre....   this is more about captive audience and rip off...

• invisible1955 and stevieoneda like this

Daysleepers

Daysleepers
  • Club Member
  • 215 posts
  • Fred
  • North Essex
Astonishing the spec I have comes to an MSRP of £30,020 now.

KenL

KenL
  • Club Member
  • 1303 posts

Astonishing the spec I have comes to an MSRP of £30,020 now.

Ouch!

The prices seem to have gone up at least £5k in 2 years. That's about 20%.

Jules59

Jules59
  • Club Member
  • 136 posts

Who would have imagined you'd be paying £30K for a Fiesta.

Apparently the recent price increase is because some components (engine parts from the USA etc) exceed the allowable limit of goods that can be assembled outside of the UK and EU for tariff-free access.

https://www.autocar....

Maybe Ford will move more manufacturing into Europe to keep prices competitive.

MickyD

MickyD

"Race Red Owner"

• Club Member
  • 6119 posts

Who would have imagined you'd be paying £30K for a Fiesta.

Apparently the recent price increase is because some components (engine parts from the USA etc) exceed the allowable limit of goods that can be assembled outside of the UK and EU for tariff-free access.

https://www.autocar....

Maybe Ford will move more manufacturing into Europe to keep prices competitive.

Move it back to Wales, Just need to pay the locals a few leeks and a sheep and you've got a happy hardworking workforce! 

:fishing:  :fishing:  :fishing:

kenthammer

kenthammer
  • Club Member
  • 842 posts

Ford had across the board prices increases for Jan 1 in the case of no deal, nearly all were removed accept a few models.........make your own conclusions......still the headlines make good click bait I guess

MikeO

MikeO
  • Forum User
  • 64 posts
  • Mike

Looking at maybe a 2nd family car this year... Just spec'd a 5-door st3 up with a couple of options and decent paint and it's almost £28k before discount. That's the same sort of money as my I30N was this time last year (RRP)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users