Undertray removal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Marv_st

Marv_st
  • Club Member
  • 87 posts
Has anyone removed the mk8 undertray?
If so, anything to lookout for as I'll be doing a crossover pipe for my mates mk8 in the next few days.

Thanks
  • StanleySaM likes this

antl76

antl76
  • Club Member
  • 1186 posts
  • Anthony
  • Havant, Hampshire

Has anyone removed the mk8 undertray?
If so, anything to lookout for as I'll be doing a crossover pipe for my mates mk8 in the next few days.

Thanks

Piece of cake mate. Just remove 6-8 screws with a flat head screwdriver and pull it down and out! 👍🏻

Marv_st

Marv_st
  • Club Member
  • 87 posts

Piece of cake mate. Just remove 6-8 screws with a flat head screwdriver and pull it down and out!

Oh awesome far FAR less complex than my other halves audi undertray then.
  • antl76 likes this

Jules59

Jules59
  • Club Member
  • 151 posts

Mine are all Torx head screws (?T30 or T40 - cant remember which) + 2 plastic press in plugs which go through the two "brass" lined slots and just need a flat head screw driver to lift up the central pin. All done in less than 5 mins.

• Dogtanian likes this

Ella_Atk

Ella_Atk
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts

Hello!

All of the bolts are either T30 or T35 torx bits, once removed you have to pull it towards the rear of the car and down.

Be careful though! if its been raining recently there could be water build up under the radiator and on the under-tray itself so try not to stand/lay underneath it unless you want to get wet.

j4yseST

j4yseST
  • Club Member
  • 70 posts
  • South Wales

Yep its an easy job. The car up on ramps or axle stands makes it much easier. :nice:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users