Fiesta ST MK7 with High Mileage worth it? - Fiesta ST MK7 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Fiesta ST MK7 with High Mileage worth it?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Weeber

Weeber
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts

Hello

I've been looking into this car for a long time, and i cant get my eyes of this car so I'm in the market to but one, but there's 1 issue 

I'm looking to buy FiST 2013-2014 around avg. 70k-80k miles due to my budget due to importing fees ( there are 0 for sale in my country)

so i have to look for one in Germany 

Does anybody have experience with high mileage FiST that can share with us?

maxxoutput

maxxoutput
  • Club Member
  • 1320 posts

If its been well maintained it may be o.k, we have seen Fiesta ST's in the U.K with over 100,000 miles on them still going strong. Again though much depends on how the car has been looked after, also take into account if there arent any in your country and something goes wrong then parts may become an issue.

Has the car got a very good service history?

• Weeber likes this

Dedbeat13

Dedbeat13
  • Club Member
  • 26 posts
I wouldnt say thats a mileage that would concern me, as long as it had good service history and looks like its been looked after. And priced accordingly.
  • Weeber likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23283 posts
I echo the above, servicing/maintenance and how the previous owners treated it is what really matters.

Mechanical sympathy goes a long way.
  • mart. and Weeber like this

Tels411sixty

Tels411sixty
  • Forum User
  • 10 posts
  • Terry
  • Kent
Mine has 108,000 miles on the clock with Full Ford service history, Bluefin remap, R-Sport intake and filter, GFB DV+, silicon hoses, stage 1 intercooler, poly bushed engine mount, lower mount, anti roll bar bushes and it runs like a dream!
As long as its been looked after and serviced regularly I can't see a problem. Do your research on the car before parting with any money.

Adam-R

Adam-R
  • Club Member
  • 200 posts
  • sunderland
At the end of the day, it really doesnt matter what the mileage is. You could buy a car with 100k miles and have less problems than if you bought a car with 20k miles on the clock. The 100k car might have been treat well and driven sensibly so will have less issues than a 20k car that has been driven by someone who drives like an :censored: everyday. When buying second hand, it is always a gamble. Even if the car was serviced regular, it doesn't mean it doesnt get abused on a daily basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users