CP2 0-60s?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

AdotSt

AdotSt
  • Club Member
  • 5 posts
Has anyone on CP2 tested the 0-60? I've seen loads of people on here have it and only hear good things, but is the performance up there with revo/pumaspeed etc? Just wondering if there's much difference between the well known tuners. TIA

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Club Member
  • 2030 posts
  • Bristol
Had my car on CP2 dynod before I changed map.

It did:

238.6hp/260.4lbft

AdotSt

AdotSt
  • Club Member
  • 5 posts
Was it much better over stock? Seems ~240hp totally transforms the car from factory?

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Club Member
  • 2030 posts
  • Bristol
It does. But I've had the car custom mapped since which has made it even more bonkers

https://www.fiestast...re-map-results/

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23445 posts
If you're concerned with 0-60 times, Fiesta ST isn't the car for you.

However, CP2 definitely improves the performance. Never timed it though as I drive on public roads only.
  • Richyharrison04 likes this

StBen1989

StBen1989
  • Club Member
  • 368 posts
With cp2 at santa pod I did a 14.6 at 96mph. With maxd 2R I run a 14.0 at 100mph. Worth pointing out, the maxd 2r runs were during a heatwave, 32 degrees as well. In the same conditions that I run the cp2, I think it would get into the 13's easy.
Results were a bigger gap with a passenger. Cp2 I run 15.0, maxd 2r I managed a 14.1 with a passenger. Probably shows the difference in torque.

StBen1989

StBen1989
  • Club Member
  • 368 posts
Not hating on cp2 by the way, for stage 1+, they are good numbers.

AdotSt

AdotSt
  • Club Member
  • 5 posts
Not really concerned as such with the 0-60 itself, just wanted something to judge how much better the car is from stock, along the lines of the mp215 being "half a second faster" etc. Thanks for the info all

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23445 posts
0-60 times won't change a great deal though, being a FWD and light with fairly skinny tyres, they don't launch all that well.

In gear acceleration is where the changes are most noticeable; So your 30 to 70 etc.
  • Richyharrison04 likes this

Fast H

Fast H
  • Club Member
  • 956 posts
  • H
  • Manchester

From what I hear Collins maps are quite conservative in that the have reasonable claims about what they do and are on the safe side of things. Yes you can of course get more power elsewhere from other tuners however I went for Collins as I didn't want a spiky map that just made big numbers at the top or one that ran lean.

• Runesource likes this

Fenrir

Fenrir
  • Club Member
  • 40 posts
Hey, don't know about the Collins CP2 map but below is the best run from my stage 2r Puma Speed. Full interior, full supporting mods, unopened engine, standard turbo, Michelin PS4s.

Attached File  Screenshot_20210306-140046.png   149.78KB   2 downloads
  • ST3spin likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23445 posts
Not a chance you're running 4 seconds.
  • Richyharrison04 and JCAmaral like this

fst_dan

fst_dan
  • Club Member
  • 33 posts

The only way you're getting a 4s 0-60 time in a FWD Fiesta is if you push your car off the top of a multi-storey car park.

• Bob_TheBaldie, JCAmaral, KirubST and 2 others like this

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Forum User
  • 1331 posts

If you're concerned about 0-60 or 1/4 mile times you need to consider far more than the car's mapping.

In both situations traction is the biggest factor, then there's gearing and change efficiency, certainly not power.

• Familyman and Richyharrison04 like this

StBen1989

StBen1989
  • Club Member
  • 368 posts
Yeah something wrong with that app. On my santa pod sheet I took 9.1 seconds to do 1/8 mile at 81mph. Total time was 14.0 at 101mph. I run maxd 2r as well.
So much easier to pull off at santa pod as well, like driving on glue compared to the normal road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users