Smokey exhaust at high revs and cold start and sticky clutch pedal at high rev gear change - Fiesta ST MK6 Discussion - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Smokey exhaust at high revs and cold start and sticky clutch pedal at high rev gear change

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Rabmcl89

Rabmcl89
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
Hi guys ive just bought my first ever fiesta st 150 2007..i have no clue about yte car and it has one of the loudest exhausts ive ever heard but ive notices on cold starts and revving the car hard it smokes alot and has really strong fumes, also when doing full acceleration pulls the clutch pedal will stick in for a few seconds..only does it when changing at max revs but is completeley fine otherwise...are these nofmal issues or should i look at geeting it into a garage ?
Any advice would be ideal

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23480 posts
Do you mean on cold starts and high revving later on when driving... Or high revving from cold start?

Jeansy

Jeansy
  • Club Member
  • 28 posts

Hi mate, do you know if it has a de-cat exhaust? 

Rabmcl89

Rabmcl89
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
Hi revving when driving bud, i think it might have a decat exhaust as its very loud and pops n crackles
  • Jeansy likes this

Jeansy

Jeansy
  • Club Member
  • 28 posts

A de-cat might explain the strong fume smell as you won't have a cat filtering the fumes out :) Sounds like you may have one if it be popping and crackling 

Rabmcl89

Rabmcl89
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
Yeah the engine its self actually sounds pretty smooth its just the puff of smoke when it gets red lined and the sticky clutch pedal ...probably just shouldnt rev it hard n itl be fine lol

Jeansy

Jeansy
  • Club Member
  • 28 posts

Yeh at high revs its going to be dumping out more unburnt petrol and probs best to lay off the rev limiter lol you may want to get the clutch looked at though as mine does not stick

Rabmcl89

Rabmcl89
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
Thanks bud really appreciate the advice

Sam_Lougher

Sam_Lougher
  • Club Member
  • 275 posts
Clutch pedal sounds like a possible Slave Cylinder issue. May be worth bleeding everything first.

coolblue

coolblue
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Pete
  • essex

Mine started sticking then the slave went  :nope:

• Sam_Lougher likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users