New(ish) Owner

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

J4CKO99

J4CKO99
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

I have just bought a 2015, Race red ST2. My son decided he wanted a Golf R so the Fiesta was spare. I gave him the money so he could get his new car and I thought I would sell it but I love it and have decided to sell my BMW M135i and for now, abandon my plan to by an M4.

Will sell the BMW over the next week or two and got the Fiesta booked in with Collins for the CP2E package on the 19th as though I love it going from 360 plus bhp to under 200 was a bit of a drop and I have always thought the Fiesta was brilliant but feels held back so am hoping this frees it of that feeling.

It currently standard save for Mountune lowering springs and a Mountune Exhaust.

I strongly suspect I will go for a higher level of tune so am having the full height stage 3 Airtek intercooler fitted, but dont want to go straight for a big turbo, it may well be enough.

At what point does the car really struggle for traction power wise, is there a point where adding more power is overkill ? is there a sweet spot ?

Also, night get a short shifter, are the £30 eBay ones any good or does it need to be a branded one ?

• Fast H likes this

Dan DC

Dan DC
  • Forum User
  • 282 posts

Hey there, I can only go off what i have, peron stage 2 (237bhp) with PS4's and i dont really loose any traction, sometimes from 2nd-3rd a tiny chirp i guess, when i had the stock bridgestones on there id loose traction quite abit, depends on the tires i guess. I honestly really like it around this power only going pro next month because its not much to upgrade.

Id honestly spend the little bit extra and get a branded short shifter from the likes of vudu, airtec and pumaspeed, there not much tbh, also if you can id also recommend an upgraded rear engine mont for the gear box because these combined honestly transform the way the car drives and gear changes are alot more crisper and ive never missed a gear since haha. The extra vibration isnt much noticeable tbh, running the airtec one on mine with the purple (fast road/track) bushes.

J4CKO99

J4CKO99
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

Hey there, I can only go off what i have, peron stage 2 (237bhp) with PS4's and i dont really loose any traction, sometimes from 2nd-3rd a tiny chirp i guess, when i had the stock bridgestones on there id loose traction quite abit, depends on the tires i guess. I honestly really like it around this power only going pro next month because its not much to upgrade.

Id honestly spend the little bit extra and get a branded short shifter from the likes of vudu, airtec and pumaspeed, there not much tbh, also if you can id also recommend an upgraded rear engine mont for the gear box because these combined honestly transform the way the car drives and gear changes are alot more crisper and ive never missed a gear since haha. The extra vibration isnt much noticeable tbh, running the airtec one on mine with the purple (fast road/track) bushes.

Cheers, too late on the Short Shifter, I bought an eBay special, will give it a try, if its crap will order another, was bored this afternoon and it looks ok, got some fresh Loctite on the way as well.

Got brand new PS4's on the front and it grips pretty well, just conscious of not creating something that is worse than the standard car. Fairly certain I will get carried away and go for a different turbo, I have never really been able to go to town on a car and do what I want but can do whatever I want with this, but dont want to do it too quickly, want to see what its like along the way. Was going to mod my M135i but decided I didnt like it enough to bother beyond a tuning box, mainly as its an auto.

Will look into the gearbox mount, might get Collins to put one on whilst its in for the Stage 2.

Fast H

Fast H
  • Club Member
  • 969 posts
  • H
  • Manchester

I run Collins CP2e with ITG induction, Airtec Stage 3 Intercooler, Mountune cat-back exhaust. On the road I use Mich PS3's. Car in fine on the road not too much power (circa 240 BHP) On the track I use Yoko AD08 tyres which grip much better. On track I sometimes feel like car could do with 20 - 30 more BHP. However I also want reliability so will prob. stay with current level of the/power. More so now after seeing my sons 395 BHP Seat Cupra R :censored: its guts at Oulton Park a couple of weeks ago.

J4CKO99

J4CKO99
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts

I run Collins CP2e with ITG induction, Airtec Stage 3 Intercooler, Mountune cat-back exhaust. On the road I use Mich PS3's. Car in fine on the road not too much power (circa 240 BHP) On the track I use Yoko AD08 tyres which grip much better. On track I sometimes feel like car could do with 20 - 30 more BHP. However I also want reliability so will prob. stay with current level of the/power. More so now after seeing my sons 395 BHP Seat Cupra R :censored: its guts at Oulton Park a couple of weeks ago.

I will see how I go at that level of power, to be honest, most of the time, even after a 370 ish bhp BMW it doesnt feel like its really lacking as the rest of it is so much more fun. I spoke to Gary at Collins today as was considering going to CP4 straight off the bat but decided it would be a bit much money in one go and want to see how I get on with it at 240 ish.

The ST seems to cope amazingly well at higher numbers, only two weeks to wait now, just need to get the BMW sold, will have loads to waste on mods then :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users